Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2012, 10:30 AM

Default Re: ilok problem, pro tools will not launch

Quote:
Originally Posted by paoblocaracas View Post

FYI - I am not using IE I use Firefox
Understand, it doesn't matter if you USE IE 8 or not. If it's installed on your system, it can keep PT from launching. It was a major issue...

Sticky: Tech Alert - Installation of Internet Explorer 8 may cause Pro Tools to not launch.
Old 02-29-2012, 03:26 AM

I just checked and it is only IE 7 that is installed and the system had run perfectly with this on the system. I can't understand this. Pro tools was working fine one day and the next day I got this error. I had not installed anything new or changed anything.
I am baffled but more importantly I am without a DAW
Old 03-04-2012, 08:50 AM

Angry Re: ilok problem, pro tools will not launch

I have the same problem.. im using windows 7 64bit, with mini mbox 3 pro tools 8. it keeps asking me to update and reboot!! i did that a thousand times.. and most of the times pro tools freezes on "loading pro tools" . im going insane too -.-
Old 03-05-2012, 10:36 AM

It's good to hear I'm not alone (although I do not wish this on anyone!)
I have uninstalled and installed loads of times and still the problem persists.
I was thinking of migratin to Windows 7 to see if that helped and then possibly to Protools 10 (but it is very expensive)
But at the moment my pro tools system is totally inaccessable.
Any help greatly appreciated
Old 04-03-2016, 01:33 AM

Did you ever get this fixed? Am having the same problem right now!
PT 10 though Win 8.1
Old 09-24-2016, 10:29 AM

Has anyone found a solution to this effin problem, please ?

I am on W7 64, with PT10 (official license with iLok) and i'm having this issue.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2016, 09:11 AM

Hi guys !

Having all the OS optimizations done !? Like Run as admin ?
Old 10-14-2016, 10:13 AM

I think so, yeah.
Avid promised to solve the issue, all i got after i provided the details they asked for was as an email to call their call center...
I've dealt with TC Electronic & Toontrack's support : night & day. Avid just doesn't seem to care.
Not only am i about to sell my Avid hardware and Pro Tools, i'm pretty sure i'll never buy Avid again at this point. I thought Pro Tools was THE reference. Maybe 15 years ago. Now it's just an expensive piece of code i can't use.
Apparently there are a lot of other options on the market with easy stable drivers and none of this iLok hassle.
Avid has struck an all-time low. Even professionals, especially professionals, won't want anything to do with them with this sort of issues.
Shame Presonus don't offer digital inputs on their consoles or their new motorised 32 console + Studio One would be very tempting.

I'm very sorry i sold my Marshall tube amp. It was a lot cheaper than the Eleven and sounded a lot better. Geez, what a waste !
--------------
Eleven Rack with latest everything.
Windows 7 Utimate x64
ProTools 10.3.10 (latest)
TC Electronic Impact Twin
A ton of problems.
Old 10-19-2016, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickD16v View Post
I think so, yeah.
Avid promised to solve the issue, all i got after i provided the details they asked for was as an email to call their call center...
I've dealt with TC Electronic & Toontrack's support : night & day. Avid just doesn't seem to care.
Not only am i about to sell my Avid hardware and Pro Tools, i'm pretty sure i'll never buy Avid again at this point. I thought Pro Tools was THE reference. Maybe 15 years ago. Now it's just an expensive piece of code i can't use.
Apparently there are a lot of other options on the market with easy stable drivers and none of this iLok hassle.
Avid has struck an all-time low. Even professionals, especially professionals, won't want anything to do with them with this sort of issues.
Shame Presonus don't offer digital inputs on their consoles or their new motorised 32 console + Studio One would be very tempting.

I'm very sorry i sold my Marshall tube amp. It was a lot cheaper than the Eleven and sounded a lot better. Geez, what a waste !
Hi ! Sad to hear that !! About the marshall I mean !! I'm a guitarist too !!

Well I have to tell you that the issues of PT 90% of the time are system configuration and proper setup related . I can speak by myself been a PT user since Since Protools TDM Mix plus days .

Well If you want I can start fresh here and start to help you all to get this resolved my friend !

Oh man the marshall !! Let me know !