Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2008, 02:44 PM

Default Melodyne killed my computer Help!

I finally got my 003 yesterday. Hooray! Came with 7.3.but it was easy to down load and activate /authourize the 7.4.2 upgrade.

I then proceeded to load all the add ons that came with the ignition pack. All loaded fine EXCEPT the melodyne plug which failed to load with a message saying that is was missing some components. No Biggie says I---Wrong! Now Protools will not launch. In the window that opens while it is loading up it hangs on D-Verb.dpm. In finder I went and found all instances of ‘‘melodyne” and dragged them to the trash. Repaired permissions and ran the little utility program to delete all pref/plist/etc. Still no joy.

Worse than that, Cubase 4 which I also own will not launch anymore either. When it gets to melodyne essential it aborts!! ARGGH!

When I search in spotlight I can find no melodyne components.

My local L+M guy where I bought the unit says I must still have a corrupted codec somewhere that is corrupted and causing things to hang.

BTW I did a ptle only install on an external lacie firewire drive and PTLE works fine.

Any assistance greatly appreciated. Step by step preferred. I’m not a total newbie but I can still get myself into trouble.

MacPro 8 core 10.4,PTLE 7.4.2/003R RME fireface800/Cubase 4

TIA

Brian
Old 10-02-2008, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Melodyne killed my computer Help!

Just to clarify. After I loaded basic PTLE 7.4.2 I imported an old session and it worked just fine
Old 10-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Update all of your plug-ins for Leopard compatibility:
www.digidesign.com/leoplugs

Especially Melodyne and the rest of the Ignition Pack 2 software:
www.digidesign.com/ip2help
Old 10-02-2008, 04:32 PM

[quote=Digidesign;1288704]Update all of your plug-ins for Leopard compatibility:
www.digidesign.com/leoplugs

Especially Melodyne and the rest of the Ignition Pack 2 software:
www.digidesign.com/ip2help[/quote

Of course that makes sense now! Is there a quick way to remove all the plugs and their associated files and then start from scratch?

I'm assuming the digi rack plugs I downloaded with the 7.4.2 are leo happy?

Thanks
Old 10-02-2008, 05:16 PM

Go to Mac HD / Library / Application Support / Propellerhead Software / REwire and trash the 2 files that say Melodyne.

Go to your apps folder and trash the Melodyne folder.

Now if you want, go to Celemony.com and log-in and register Melodyne Uno and donwload 1.8.1 or higher to be leopard supported. It should recommend 1.8.3 or whatever the latest is automatically to you.

Old 10-02-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premo View Post
Go to Mac HD / Library / Application Support / Propellerhead Software / REwire and trash the 2 files that say Melodyne.

Now if you want, go to Celemony.com and log-in and register Melodyne Uno and donwload 1.8.1 or higher to be leopard supported. It should recommend 1.8.3 or whatever the latest is automatically to you.
i had the same exact problem over the weekend. it was absolutely terrible because I couldn't search for melodyne in my mac's search.

regardless, this is exactly what you need to do (oh premo, i wish i knew of this post on friday)
Old 10-02-2008, 07:05 PM

Premo you are indeed Primo!!!!!

I never would have found those two files in a million years. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

This should be in a faq somehere!

The DUC Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premo View Post