Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2011, 03:21 PM

Default PT 9 not recognizing input on MBOX 2 Mini

I'm trying to setup my MBox 2 Mini for the first time on Pro Tools 9 so that I can do some recording at home, till now I've just been mixing.

The Mbox IS recognized by my Macbook Pro (the USB light does turn on) and in System Preferences>Sound>Input I have selected "Digidesign Mbox 2 Mini"

Now, on the Pro Tools front when I create a new audio track under I/O>Interface I'm looking for "In 1" that corresponds to the Mbox XLR input as per what it says in the digidesign user manual (for LE .....), but I'm just seeing A 1, A 2, A 3, etc. and neither of those seem to pickup my microphone xlr connection.

I'm wondering if there is anything I'm missing on the checklist, or if my hardware is just messed up. I have played around with all knobs on the mbox and one thing I do notice is that the pots on the input 1 and 2 knobs aren't as sturdy as they should be, though that doesn't seem to be a reason for Pro Tools to not create the input in the first place.

I have downloaded the latest driver for Mbox 2 mini to run on PT 9, at least I think so.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:35 PM

Default Re: PT 9 not recognizing input on MBOX 2 Mini

Have you gone to the playback engine window and selected the mbox mini as the current playback engine? That should do it. Then I would go to the I/O window and double check that it has the correct inputs and outputs.
Pro Tools 10.0
Apogee Duet
M-Audio BX5A's