Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 09:27 PM

Default Apple midi setup not working with digi 001

I have recently updated my protool software to 6.4 'cause I've got a free G4 with OS 10.3 installed in it (not that anything was wrong with that G4, but my friend just needed a more powerful G5 to do his video work and the all the drives have been initiated before handing over). However, that means I can no longer use OMS and my Studio 4. So instead I've chained up all of my sound modules and midi controller (in/thru), route them back into the midi in/out of my digi 001, and try to run them thru AMS. But the configuration of AMS is way to simple it doesn't even ask me which module is acting as my midi controller. Basically even having specify a module in a midi track in Protool, when I play a note using my keyboard, it doesn't know which sound module I was referring to. (There're other problems with AMS as well such as HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET PATCH NAMES FOR MY MODULES WHICH MODELS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THEIR LIBRARY?)

I'm getting extremely frustrated right now. Or do you think i'm better off going back to OS 9 and continue to use my OMS?

please help.......
Old 11-04-2004, 08:36 PM

Default Re: Apple midi setup not working with digi 001

It should work. I used it with my 001. I'm sure many others are using it as well. I've used the builtin ports as well as other midi interfaces. The only external interface that I had any luck with was the eMagic AMT8. All others had problems ( MidiSport4x4, 2x2).

You need to setup AMS to handle all your devices. It can be done. Unless, I'm misunderstanding your problem.

--
david
Old 11-04-2004, 08:40 PM

Default Re: Apple midi setup not working with digi 001

BTW - I connected( and used) the following thru midi using AMS using Pro Tools LE.

Alesis SR-16, Roland SC55 module, Roland PM5 module, MotorMix, Mackie Control, Roland SPD-6, Fatar 45 controller, Oxygen 8 controller, Juno 106.

Keep at it. I had problems at first but was able to finally get it working. ( Though, I've since switched to Windows version of PT )