Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: What do you think about OT postings?

Ah.. It always seems like if you dig a bit, and you don't have to go far, everyone's got a story.

I bet she loves you having a studio - especially when she's older.

Kinda schizophrenic this dialog. (and no-one tomorrow will understand why I said that! )
Old 06-18-2004, 07:37 PM

I hear both you guys...I had no idea having a daughter was gonna be so cool. Anna's 14, and she's just a true joy to me.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:42 PM

Agreed. Kids rule.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 06-19-2004, 03:01 AM

I am very happy for you guys that you are enjoying your kids, but they are still young enough that you haven't caught them sneaking out the window to get on some guy's Harley Davidson yet. I can't help thinking about the inevitable teen years that are coming up. My fiancee brought a 17-y.o. daughter into my home last year - my first experience with a live-in off-spring, and she was a hand-full to say the least. Had to repair a few holes in doors.

I HOPE for you guys that your kids are blessed with the kind of spirit that allows them to continue being wonderful, but... (I am just saying this because I've heard SO many parents say it) it is also a natural process for the rebellion stage to kick in at about 14, it prepares them mentally to want to move out of the house. If they could stand the sight of you they'd stay in that basement until they were 30!

It is a transition for the WTB to be without her kid for the first time in her life, too. The "child" moved in with her 28 y.o. boy friend the day after high school graduation. She's 18, Actually the guy is great and we love him, lucky for us he found her.
Old 06-19-2004, 04:47 AM

OTs are the best thing that ever happened to this forum. Now I'm addicted and OT is the only thing that I read.

Joz
Old 06-19-2004, 04:56 AM

How come your 'homepage' is a link to a golf site?
Old 01-10-2005, 04:10 AM

Uh... How did this get to the top without anyone posting in it? Karel is that you doing something?

I enjoy OT posts (I guess you knew that already ) and don't see the harm in separate OT threads. I'm talking about the "B&G", the "humour", the "what you working on" and so on, and so on...

I don't know if people feel I hijack threads, I don't think I do but I might be wrong. I always try to help people when I can and will keep doing that.

One thing that bugs me is how people see this black&white... It's not about OT:ers and anti-OT, we all go a bit OT from time to time and those of us who post a lot OT hang around here alot and therefore try to help a lot of people. Look at lemix, or Karel... I know for sure they have helped ME a lot.

Talking about building a community, the reason it's such a great place to hang around is those OT threads and because you can get great support quick! I for one think that support will suffer if OT is not allowed, simply because people won't hang around as much as before... then again, i could be wrong.

There's been a lot of discussion on this lately and I haven't want to be a part of those discussions because I feel this is Digis decision to make. I'm at there home and I don't make up my own rules when I'm at someone elses house, I respect the person living there so to speak.

I thought it was time to vent now when this thread mysteriously came to the top.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:15 AM

Oh and regarding the General forum... I think there have been more activity because of this, but it's uncertain if it actually will help anyone.