Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2017, 06:19 AM

Default Re: Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

Interesting, can you recommend any Eucon enabled monitoring apps for Mac Yosemite that would enable this knob to work? It would be very useful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
The Monitor knob (on all Eucon surfaces) works with any EUCON enabled monitoring App or DAW. Nuendo, Cubase, Pyramix, SMP2, XMON EUCON, DAD, MTRX.
We did have our own Studio Monitor Express App but Apple broke the audio API's rendering it useless.
Its definitely on my list to improve monitoring control including the idea of being able to assign the knob to a fader.
Mac Pro 2x2.8 ghz Intel Zeon, 20 gig ram, Yosemite 10.10.5, Pro Tools 10,11,12.7.1, Logic Pro X 10.2, UA Apollo 16 quad, UA Octo Pcies, Dangerous Music 2 Bus, Antelope Audio Satori, Lynx Studio Hilo, Neve 542, Neve 511, API 505 DI, Bettermaker CV502. Avid Artist Mix, Avid Artist Control, Softube Console 1 mk11.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:50 AM
Avid

Default Re: Does the Monitor Control Room knob on the Artist Control do anything?

Unfortunately not which is why I want to make it assignable to a fader.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately not which is why I want to make it assignable to a fader.
Could the Dock Control Room Knob ever communicate and remotely control the Avid HD Omni Volume/Headphone Volume knob?
Old 03-09-2017, 11:55 AM
Avid

Technically anything is possible but it would require a fair amount of work to achieve. At this point not likely, sorry.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyguelz View Post
Could the Dock Control Room Knob ever communicate and remotely control the Avid HD Omni Volume/Headphone Volume knob?
Now that would be really useful as my Omni is constantly out of reach but still used as my monitor controller. (I've actually considered and once prepared for reverse engineering the Omni remote port to see if I would be able to solve this my self..)

Hello EddieJones. I appreciate your precense and involvement here. Makes the forums feel pretty powerful again. Please forward all the positive things we throw at you to your colleagues and senior developers. Maybe we inspire more staff to join the community. We usually don't bite. At least not when feed regularly. =)

Marcel Risberg
Production sound and audio post - ljuddesign.se
Enthusiastically sharing knowledge and experience at Stockholm Film School.

🛠 Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 · HD Native · HD Omni
🎚 EuControl x.x.x · Artist Control · Mix · Control App
🦑 MacPro5,1 · 12C24T @3.46GHz · 48GB · SSDs · macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)
📺 Separate video playback machine
🥇 Covered by ZDT/TLC · Keeping DAW OS clutter free
Old 03-10-2017, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Technically anything is possible but it would require a fair amount of work to achieve. At this point not likely, sorry.
No sweat... time should certainly be spent better elsewhere :) Just thought it'd be a handy idea.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:40 PM

Quote:
The Monitor knob (on all Eucon surfaces) works with any EUCON enabled monitoring App or DAW. Nuendo, Cubase, Pyramix, SMP2, XMON EUCON, DAD, MTRX, Trinnov The D-Mon.
We did have our own Studio Monitor Express App but Apple broke the audio API's rendering it useless.
Its definitely on my list to improve monitoring control including the idea of being able to assign the knob to a fader.
I'm on a Win 10 PC running Nuendo 7.1. Was Studio Monitor Express ever something that worked on a PC platform? Does it even exist anymore? I'm using my Desk as my current audio interface. But if I go full ITB, I need to know how to get my MC Control to SEE my I/O and CR Configuration. I've got all of my Nuendo CR settings set up but, so far, I've got absolutely NOTHING showing up in my set up page that indicates that it is seeing it. Can you tell me how to set my unit up to work with pres, ADDA converter , a monitor controller & powered speakers?
Old 03-11-2017, 07:34 PM
Avid

We don't ship or support it any more but you are willing to try it https://1drv.ms/u/s!AowqasI1coAD1Llzen_vdTB3u3yZ7w
Old 03-12-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
We don't ship or support it any more but you are willing to try it https://1drv.ms/u/s!AowqasI1coAD1Llzen_vdTB3u3yZ7w
If there is absolutely NO SUPPORT for it any more, why would it work with the latest version of Eucon? In any case, the question remains. HOW di I get the set up section of the MC to see the connections from Nuendo? Or, are you saying that this section no loner works in any form and must be taken care of externally (as I am already doing with the mixer)?
Old 03-12-2017, 08:56 AM
Avid

If Nuendo monitoring is setup correctly the Monitor knob on the surface would control the Main Vol control. No special setup in EUCON needed.