Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2012, 04:03 AM

Default Revibe AAX Reverb One AAX

I´m facing big problems with sessions mixed on protools HD 8.1.1 (or 7.4 or 9.x.x) regaring automation with TDM Reverb One:

When I open these sessions in Protools HD Native 10.0.1
I first have to switch the Reverb Ones from "TDM" to the new version of Reverb One AAX. Which is ok.

BUT all values I automated in my session are completely different in the new AAX version! (room hall small became large etc...)

Since reverb one still is one of may main reverbs for
TV Postproduction this is horrible.

I tried copying values, make new tracks for Auxes, etcetcetc everything that helped with automation bugs sofar (im on protools since PT 4.1)....

I guess the automation transfer between TDM and AAX simply doesnt work properly in the actual version of Protools HD.

Ideas?
Old 06-28-2012, 12:35 AM

Default Re: Revibe AAX Reverb One AAX

In my testing of Reverb One automation created in Pro Tools 9 TDM everything played back correctly in 10.2 aax version. It was my understanding that 10.2 should be used with the new aax Reverb One. That said, Reverb one automation created in Pro Tools 10.2 aax version will not play back for me at all in Pro Tools 9 TDM. The plug-in is deactivated and as a work around I re-automated the session with the same settings (from memory) on new aux tracks with the old TDM version. It seems to be forward compatible but not backward and does not give me the option to go between TDM and aax as you could with RTAS versions.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Revibe AAX Reverb One AAX

What if you open Reverb 1 as a native plug?