Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2008, 11:51 AM

Default Re: PT8/Plug-ins Minimum Version Requirements

PitchBlender Time Blender and Speed were working in 7.4/Leopard, but now do not work in PT8. There doesn't seem to be a workaround except to purchase V3 from Sound Toys.

Go into your plugins folder and add the append dpm after pitchblender etc.
Mine are working fine and I didn't have to upgrade to V3.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-tone View Post
I was told that Waves requires an update to Version 6 for PT 8.
I have a friend who also said that, but I am running 5.9.7 and haven't experienced any problems so far. I intend to upgrade to 6 anyway, but just haven't done it yet.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-tone View Post

Also, I was told that Waves requires an update to Version 6 for PT 8.
I am on Mercury 5.9.7 and all plugins seem to work OK.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:56 AM

I upgraded to Waves V6 (Platinum and Restoration). I don't know whether it's the new PT8 or Waves V6, but opening PT, even for the first time after booting my Mac, takes less than a minute. It used to take nearly 5 minutes.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:20 AM

Intalled pt8 hd. all went fine but for the plugin authorization of purple compressor and my fairchild and the sansamp that came with pt8 and some of the air plugs. Have done all the usual prefs and permissions and downloaded latest plugs also re synced iloks. the purple now authorizes. but the fairchild 670 and sansamp will not also the bf3 will not load...have also done all the steps in the pt8 information thread .still no auths.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Avid

Quote:
Most, if not all, of the information is on Digi's Plug-in Compatibility Grid, but until yesterday (12-27-08) the grid did not show PT8. So I had to work extra hard.
Anyway, what the grid does show you is the latest plug-in versions that are recommended (which often translates into buying an upgrade). What they don't tell you is which older versions of the plug-ins work (with or without restrictions).
Prior to amending the grid so it showed Pro Tools 8, on every Pro Tools 8 Upgrade Information page, including here on the DUC, it said to use the 7.4.2 column for compatibility with Pro Tools 8.

The columns for each plug-in version are the minimum required and/or tested with. Earlier versions *may* work, but they were either not tested or showed enough issues to be disqualified. We cannot and do not test every 3rd party plug-in version for compatibility - we try, but there are just too many of them to fit into our testing grid.

Using versions earlier than those listed on the grid can very likely cause problems with your system, so it's best to stick with the known compatible versions.
Old 12-29-2008, 08:41 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixer View Post
Intalled pt8 hd. all went fine but for the plugin authorization of purple compressor and my fairchild and the sansamp that came with pt8 and some of the air plugs. Have done all the usual prefs and permissions and downloaded latest plugs also re synced iloks. the purple now authorizes. but the fairchild 670 and sansamp will not also the bf3 will not load...have also done all the steps in the pt8 information thread .still no auths.
Do you now show a Fairchild V4 bundle auth on your iLok? Do you have more than 1 of the Fairchild 670 plug-ins in your plug-ins folder? If so, which versions are they?

In Pro Tools 8, Sansamp is now part of the DigiRack plug-ins and does not require authorization.

And which 'bf3' plug-in is this that's not authorizing? Which version of the plug-in do you have in your plug-ins folder?
Old 12-29-2008, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
We cannot and do not test every 3rd party plug-in version for compatibility - we try, but there are just too many of them to fit into our testing grid.
Why do you even try? It's not your responsibility, just let the 3rd parties do the testing that belongs to them. Digidesign should only test Digidesign-distributed plugins, anything else is not your concern.

Unless you get the actual algorithms from 3rd parties and do the packaging yourself, which is something that's never going to happen...

Just stop testing 3rd party software.
Old 12-29-2008, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Do you now show a Fairchild V4 bundle auth on your iLok? Do you have more than 1 of the Fairchild 670 plug-ins in your plug-ins folder? If so, which versions are they?

In Pro Tools 8, Sansamp is now part of the DigiRack plug-ins and does not require authorization.

And which 'bf3' plug-in is this that's not authorizing? Which version of the plug-in do you have in your plug-ins folder?
i followed the instructions exactly on the pt8 information and on the card with the software. all are the latest versions..here is a list of authorizations

bf 3a

Sansamp PSA-1 authorization window comes up every time

BF Classic Compressors HD
Bomb Factory
License
Never

BF Classic Compressors v4
Digidesign
Fairchild 670 Digidesign License Never

BF Moogerfooger Bundle v4 Digidesign License Never

PT8 hd4 accel(magma chassis) g5 dual 2 os10.5.5 8gig ram. 192(with digicard) 96io apogee800(hdcard) ,apogee big ben . midi io.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Zobler View Post
Digi Please include Minimum Version Requirements for plugins and PT8. For Instance, the compatibility grid shows that I need MDW3 with PT8. This appeared to be correct, because when I upgraded from 7.4 to 8.0, MDW EQ did not load. Yet after reloading MDW V2, it worked fine. Perhaps we need two columns: Minimum and Recommended.

compatibility grid:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...n=news_details

After upgrading to PT8, here is what I found. I hope it helps others.

Mooger Fooger Low Pass did not work in PT8, but was fixed by downloading and re-installing the free download. (This issue is known by Digi.)

Massenburg Design Works EQ did not work in PT8 until I re-installed MDW V2 TDM. (Anyone know what the difference is between V2 and V3?). Search Digi site for "MDW 2" to find the DL.

DUY apparently needs V4.0. I have 3.2.1 . DUY V3.2.1 plugs do not show up in PT8.

Antares Auto Tune needs 5 or 6. I have 4 which is not opening with PT8.

Eventide H949 no longer works. Stopped working in Leopard and requires a $49 upgrade.

Sound Toys: MP5 (massive pack 5) updates (found on digi site) fixed Filter Freak and Tremolator when I went to Leopard and 7.4. They are still working in PT8.

-BUT-

PitchBlender Time Blender and Speed were working in 7.4/Leopard, but now do not work in PT8. There doesn't seem to be a workaround except to purchase V3 from Sound Toys.

IK Multimedia T-Racks and Amplitube LE are not functioning. Looks like I need upgrades here too.

Older versions of Samplers and Instruments not working in PT8:
(They probably didn't work when I went to Leopard,or earlier -- I rarely use them.)

sample tank 2 SE V1.1d1

Mach 5 V1.2.3

NOTE! Considering I count over 150 plug-ins in my plug-ins folder, this is actually not too bad.
Erik,

I thought I needed to upgrade my plugs as well. Check out this thread.

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=234106

If you add".dpm" as a suffix to the plugs that are not working, they might show up. It worked on all of my plugs that looked incompatible at first.
and yes AT4 will work in v.8.

Hope it works, bc