Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2002, 01:00 PM

Default NI Pro-52 Presets question

I just bought Native Instruments Studio Collection for my ProTools studio and have a question to other users... I would like to arrange the presets like i.ex Virus. I want my presets to be in folders ( basses, pads, synth sounds) etc...

It is possible to save them that way, but it is quite some job (and I do not have the time for that.

Is there any smart way doing this???.

DigiDAW.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:09 PM

Default Re: NI Pro-52 Presets question

I had restructured my Virus Presets, so I don't see why you can't do it with the Pro-52 presets. Just goto the System Folder/DAE/plug-in settings folder. I would advise on making a backup of the presets, just in case something goes wrong.
OS 10.5.x Leopard
Protools LE 7.4
Mbox II
Old 05-07-2002, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dancheung:
I had restructured my Virus Presets, so I don't see why you can't do it with the Pro-52 presets. Just goto the System Folder/DAE/plug-in settings folder. I would advise on making a backup of the presets, just in case something goes wrong.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I´m sure I sound cruel now, but it would be appreciated if you knew what you give answers on. I also have the Virus plug-in and I´m not a complete fool (a little one maybe)...

The PRO-52 presets are arranged completely differently than Virus... The presets are selected on the "1-8" buttons inside the plug-in window.... like if you where playing with the real synth..... in other words you have 1-8 push buttons and a bank button).

There is a little window in the plug-in who display the patch name....

However, there IS possible to save patches the regular way "save preference as" and then throw them in folders etc..... just like Virus!...

However the presets (as delivered) is in ONE file (selected with the 1-8 buttons), and there is 512 (!) of them!....

Would you care to select and save each and every patch for me as "save preference as" ???? I assume this will take a few months.

DigiDAW.
Old 05-07-2002, 06:20 PM

Maybe I misunderstood the question, but with the Virus plug I installed additional presets that were in subfolders and I was able to reorganize them so they were in an order to my liking.And so that there weren't some many subfolders. This was what ii thought you were asking, I do not own the Pro-52 plug, so thanks for enlightening me on the preset hierarchy.
Quote:
Originally posted by Digdaw: Would you care to select and save each and every patch for me as "save preference as" ???? I assume this will take a few months.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sure I am down with that if you pay well [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
OS 10.5.x Leopard
Protools LE 7.4
Mbox II
Old 05-07-2002, 11:46 PM

If you click on the two little triangles on the right of the patch name box you get a scroll list of the whole bank. You still have to load up a new bank to get a new set of patches. I'd also find it helpfull to get patches as in Virus but it seems they use their own format.