Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2007, 11:03 PM

Default First time on this forum + weird things happening plug ins..

I would like the chance to say whut it dew to all my fellow Pro Tools users. I am excited and honored to be here at this time. A little about me. I just recently graduated from a recordiing arts school in Tempe Arizona and am now in Atlanta, GA doing an internship at Patchwerk Studios. I have Pro Tools LE at home but at the studio of course we will all be using TDM. This is when and if I can get myself into an assistant engineer position after a year of interning.

My question is this. I was mixing a song in Pro Tools LE here at home on my M-Box 2 and I was automating the master bypass for a stock delay plug in. I had various plug-ins on different tracks, some EQ, Compression, Reverb, etc..... I just wanted to have delays on a couple of words for a couple multi mono tracks and would have just made a new track, called it delay and copied and pasted the word into that track. I couldn't though because I had run out of voices. Damn LE!!!! Anyways when I would hit option click on the bypass to automate this delay, some of the other plug ins on completly different tracks would bypass themselves. It was weird though because once the pass of automation was done I would just go apple click on the ones that had bypassed and they were not affected at all by this. There was only automation on the one I wanted but it just kept doing this over and over. Why would the other tracks bypass? One thought before I go. I just installed the new update for 7.3.1 The one called 7.3.1 cs3. All this crazy stuff happened before I got this update but I have not messed with Pro Tools since this incident. Could this be a glitch from the problems Digidesign has been having with 7.3.1? Just a thought. Let me know whut you think people.

Clinka
Old 06-19-2007, 12:16 AM

Default Re: First time on this forum + weird things happening plug ins..

It's because you're holding down 'option' - that's a modifier key that applies a function across all tracks, so if you option-click to bypass a plug-in on insert-a, any other tracks that have a plug-in on insert-a will also bypass. Same as if you hold down option and click a mute or solo button, it will apply the action to all tracks.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:44 PM

Default Re: First time on this forum + weird things happening plug i

Preciate the help. I never thought of that but that makes a lot of sense. I guess I could have made a group out of the two I was trying to automate and just hit one of them and then both of them would bypass instead of all the a sends. Thanxs Slim.

clinka