Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2003, 02:03 PM

Default Play Along the Recorded Tracks

Hi guys,

I know it probably sounds like a dumb question. Probably a very basic ProTools LE issue.
Do you know how I can have the previously recorded tracks playing and at the same time you can play (not record) along other tracks. This way I could click on the new track rec botton for for the instrument you intend to play, and just press play instead of record for the rest of the tracks to be heard. If I click on the play button, I can hear the rest of the tracks playing but I can't hear the signal from the track with the rec light on. Well, I can click literally record a track and hear all of the tracks, but it takes a few runs to have a clean piece so I end up deleting the content of the new track and repeat the process again. It is just some extra work that I thought I can eliminate. I just had a feel that this is a standard thing in DAWs.

Thanks,

Arya
Old 11-07-2003, 02:18 PM

Default Re: Play Along the Recorded Tracks

Easy --- all you have to do is hit "Option - K" and the record light will look green. Then, when you hit play, you'll be able to hear your record-enabled track --- along with the previously recorded ones --- without having to actually record the track. Hope this helps...
Old 11-11-2003, 11:36 AM

Default Re: Play Along the Recorded Tracks

yes indeed green is the magic color in the operations window u can click input only it is same as control k.