Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2005, 09:15 AM

Default access violations and C++ Runtime errors

I wanted to make a new post with this problem because I feel that there is no real answer to solving it. Basically my power harness was failing for a bit, then I started getting access violation/C++ Runtime errors, so then I put the new power harness in and I still got the errors.

Here is some more detail:
-Power harness was failing, got software errors (access violation errors upon opening, creating, and/or saving sessions, and C++ runtime errors on startup that would shut down PT)
-Put in new harness and fixed power problem, but still got the same software errors
-Uninstalled/reinstalled PT6.1, still got the errors, installed 6.1.1, still got the errors
-Reformatted hard drive, did a fresh install of XP and PT and still got the same errors
-I don't have the dfx plugin, so that wasn't causing it
-I tried a new firewire cable, that didn't fix it

The only thing that I can think of that's causing it is the 002r itself, but how can that even be? How could that hardware cause C++ Runtime errors in ProToolsLE.exe?

I am about to lose my mind.... Honestly, how can this even happen?? I've NEVER gotten these errors before in my life and now there back even after I reformat. Am I missing something here? Is there anything that I'm not being told or finding when I'm searching the DUC? I already lost 1 client so far because of this and I just want to get this fixed before I lose another.

Does anyone know ANYTHING else I could try or what I should do next?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 02-27-2005, 09:45 AM

Default Re: access violations and C++ Runtime errors

NOTE:

TO ANYONE THAT SEES THIS I THINK I MAY HAVE FIXED IT. IF YOUR EVER HAVING THESE PROBLEMS, DELETE YOU DIGIDESIGN DATABASES FOLDER ON WHATEVER HARD DRIVE YOU USE TO RECORD, EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN AND RESTART!

Unfortunately I lost a whole weekend in figuring this out, but it worked, and I hope it works for somebody else too!
Old 02-27-2005, 09:47 AM

=================================================
quote:

NOTE:

TO ANYONE THAT SEES THIS I THINK I MAY HAVE FIXED IT. IF YOUR EVER HAVING THESE PROBLEMS, DELETE YOU DIGIDESIGN DATABASES FOLDER ON WHATEVER HARD DRIVE YOU USE TO RECORD, EMPTY THE RECYCLE BIN AND RESTART!

================================================== ========

This all must have you frustrated a bit...no?...;-)

Bastiaan
Old 02-27-2005, 10:12 AM

Oh just a bit.. :crazy:

Was this common knowledge or what? How come it wasn't anywhere when I seached the DUC?
Old 02-27-2005, 01:10 PM

Hmm... Ive seen those errors a couple times but no crashes or anything. Must try deleting the dbb folders. Good info, Bastiaan.

How about those digiprefs folders? These errors started after I jumped to 6.7, very, very seldom but I´ve seen them anyway and they have done no harm -yet.

- i7 520 @ 3.6 GHz / P6T / XP32 / PTLE 8.01 . PT9 on Snow .
- PTLE8 on a macbook.

- And a bunch of miscellaneous obsolete hardware from the past. Like Mix ++++ 64 i/o with Control/24

I`m In The Band: www.ozofficial.com
My guitars are in tune : http://www.truetemperament.com/site/index.php
Old 02-27-2005, 01:31 PM

I started getting these errors at one point (not using 001 and I'm not sure if there is a direct connection btwn the harness issue and the errors although the failing harness may have triggered something I suppose. You resolved the issue pretty much the way that I did - dump the databases and the preferences.