How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 PM

Default PT 11.3 - MBP - T-Racks - Yosemite Problem

Hi,

I feel like I'm going crazy, because I am having PT 11.3 'disappearing' issues.

Here's the Process:

I launch PT 11.3
I create a new, empty session
I insert an audio track (mono)
I instantiate T'Racks 76 Black compressor - the needle in the meter window is 'blurry' and then appears and settles at '0.'

I then change this plugin to any other T'Racks plugin and within 2 -4 plugin changes, PT 11 disappears (quits).

I can retreive a crash log from the console utility, and would be willing to upload it here, if anyone thinks they can possibly decipher/troubleshoot.

I have submitted a ticket directly with IK Multimedia's support team, but they seem to think it is a PT 11 issue, and not a T'Racks issue.

I can switch around ALL of my stock Digi/Avid plugins with NO crashing/disappearing.

Has anyone experienced something like this?

I have been using PT 11 and T'Racks for a LONG time, and this only started (coincedentally) after I added my API plugins from the most recent IK Group Buy.

I am at a loss, because I have completely reformatted, reinstalled Mavericks -> Yosemite, clean installed PT 11.3, T'Racks 4.7.1, and the necessary iLok software.

Thank you,
Old 01-27-2015, 07:04 AM

Default Re: PT 11.3 - MBP - T-Racks - Yosemite Problem

Are you trying to change the plugin from the plugin gui itself? Are you trying to change the plugin from the Inserts menu with the plugin gui open? If I try either of those in OSX 10.8.5 or OSX 10.9.5 PT11.3.0 crashes. PT in Yosemite is too unstable for me at this time. So yes - you're not alone in this if this is how you're doing it and that doesn't make it any easier.

QAPLA!
Old 01-27-2015, 08:07 PM

Hi musicman691,

What you describe is exactly what I'm doing and exactly what happens. Thank you for chiming in and letting me know that I'm not alone.

Since my post here, I have received word back from IK support that this issue has appeared on the occasional computer, and that they are working with AVID to resolve it.

So, if anyone else is baffled or frustrated by this same issue, please send in a support ticked to IK, and post your findings here if you have any.

Thanks again!
Old 02-09-2015, 10:08 PM

Well,
I was kinda sorta hoping this would be fixed with the release of 11.3.1 today.

Nope.

I still get the Unexpectedly Quit message from Pro Tools - at least this time I am getting the option to send the info to Avid or save a detailed report to my computer.

I really want this to get fixed. My Group Buy buy-in with IK is fizzling......

Old 02-10-2015, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregJ View Post
Well,
I was kinda sorta hoping this would be fixed with the release of 11.3.1 today.

Nope.

I still get the Unexpectedly Quit message from Pro Tools - at least this time I am getting the option to send the info to Avid or save a detailed report to my computer.

I really want this to get fixed. My Group Buy buy-in with IK is fizzling......

I wouldn't say it's fizzling (the group buy). You just have to learn not to do it from within the gui or with the plugin gui open. It's like the old Henny Youngman joke:
Doctor - it hurts when I do this.
Doctor replies - well don't do that.

Doesn't make it any easier and you just have to work around it that's all. I've given up worrying about it and as a matter of routine I close a plugin gui from any developer before changing it. Takes a little longer but then again not as long as having a session crash/quit on me and having to restart. You have to think of what is the lesser of the two evils?

QAPLA!