Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2003, 03:32 PM

Default Expanding the DUC

Hey guys and gals (did we figure out if there were ladies in the house?).

I noticed that within the last week, someone suggested a section for describing technical details and suggestions for mic-pres, and I thought that was a great idea. Now that I've had some time to think about it, I wanted to run something by all of yall.

If there were a section of the DUC that was dedicated to the discussion of 3rd party compatibility issues, suggestions for 3rd party hardware and software (such as pre's and mastering programs) and other such things, how many of you would use it? I totally realize that our Windows section of the DUC is very diverse/multi-purpose, but there was also a post not too long ago that pointed out how much non-PT discussion goes on. It's just a thought, and it wouldn't have to be a Windows-only thing. Basically, product reviews, suggestions, requests for help with things that are not of digi-origin, but that are related through configurations.

This is just me thinking out loud, but it might be a way to shuffle some of the "hey, can you help me choose some good monitors or pre's to compliment my system (regardless of OS)" and the "what's a good mastering program?" questions to one convenient locale, leaving the Windows (and Mac) section to more PTLE on Windows related issues.

Any thoughts?