Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-2004, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Let\'s hear your latest stuff....right here

Hey guys. I got a couple new things here if you have time. First off, I installed 6.4 last night, after a little mishap, everything was going great, so I decided what better to do than bounce to disk for a few hours! On top of that, I finally got a chance to put the new ALesis monitors through a bit of torture. So here they are, all %90 complete demos, but some have some real quirks that I cant stand. Let me introduce you to the first track, " Reflection ", I like the track immensely, and it took a long time to get it going ok; I almost abandoned it. Im just having problems with the vocal mix, and I dont know if its the great contrast between chorus Vox and the Vocoder verse's.

Second track is called "Truth And Lies ",
This track I did with my friend Gene Backlin(you know him from the DUC of course), anyway, he added some neat string compliments to the song. My problem with this song is pretty obvious I think, the kick drum. Sounds good on a nice stereo, but if you play it in your average car stereo, welcome to stereo-speaker-fart city. Thats not so bad I guess. Anyway, let me know what you think of it.

And, last but not least, this is a track I did a while back, even posted it on this thread before, but this time I went through it, mixed it a bit better, added some backup Vox, added ANOTHER electronic guitar track, and fixed the drums around. This is " All of me ".
Old 08-11-2004, 09:22 AM

I am a new guy to this forum... I have had PTLE for over a year now, but didn't know about this forum. I wanted to share with eveybody the music I write and record. The website with all the songs is www.senchak.com/songs.htm Let me know what you guys think.

Laterz
Scott
Old 08-11-2004, 09:27 AM

Welsome, D/loading now.

~~~

edit: Hey Scott, I gave a few listens to some of your songs. One was Emotion, and the other was Come Back Sun. The first one I wasnt too keen on, just seemed a bit monotonous on these old PC speakers, but the second one, "Come Back Sun" I thought it was really good, I thought the rhodes sounded good with your voice, and the guitars are coming through very clean on both tracks. Same with Vocals, good voice. Are they all Antares Autotuned? Or...any natural takes?

Impressively Clean and mixed well.
=-Ben
Old 08-11-2004, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Hip Hop song we recorded Sat night. The last rapper produced the track on the SP1200. any comments on production, mix, or mastering is welcomed([email protected]). 192k mp3 file. thanks

http://www.nukmusic.com/socold.mp3 http://www.nukmusic.com/socold.mp3

in order: Cutlass, JBL, Coola, (hook) , Paul J, Jean Deaux, (Hook)

www.psychoward.com www.nukmusic.com

Hey Nuk,
Although rap is not my favorite genre, I'de say you did a damn good job on this(mix, mastering). And these guys are hellacious rappers, no doubt.
-Roy
Old 08-11-2004, 12:21 PM

Hey Captain, nice tune, Reflection. A bit Gothic, nice sounds. Good song. Downloading Truth and Lies at the mo', back later.

Good job!

Walther

Metric Halo ULN8 3D Interface, NI Komplete Control S49 midikeyboard

Macbook Pro M1, 2.5 GHz 8 core CPU, 32 Gb RAM, 1Tb storage, Monterey 12.6.6. PT Ultimate 2023.6, UVI Falcon 3.0 + some soundbanks, Waves Platinum bundle, some free Melda plugz, Metric Halo/Make Believe plugz.
Old 08-11-2004, 02:46 PM

Hey Walther, thanks for the listen. Truth and Lies has some nice stuff on it, I especially love Genes Violin track. Please let me know what you think, and suggestions are gladly appreciated.

=-Ben
Old 08-11-2004, 03:52 PM

Wow this forum is pretty cool. Lots of people with good music. Thanks for the comments Pants... In the vocals there are two melody lines with 2 takes of each panned hard left, hard right. Autotuned for the purpose of keeping everything neat. I am looking at buying vocalign also to tighten up on them a little bit more, but i need some dough first.... The ones you heard were written in the same style. This One , second glass of water, is more unique. Check it out let me know what you think....
Old 08-11-2004, 07:17 PM

Hey Nuk:

Great sound Man!

Love the lyrics....Awesome produciton too...!

Keep it up...

Scott J.
WD 120 GB (Loops/BFD)
External FW 120 (PT Audio)
3.0 GB Ram
DIGI 002
Old 08-12-2004, 03:55 AM

And yet another one by Angelo Jenson. i am emailing him all of these song links for his input on the final mixes & also posting them here for the same reason if anyone cares to comment. you might remember this one as well Roy, but its now much cleaner & tighter than the original mixes.

http://home.earthlink.net/~robbgraves/DISTANT_SHORE.mp3
Old 08-12-2004, 10:43 PM

All,
Did a rough take with an old client tonight. Got to use the new 1176 on the vocals.

Chain was:

VOCALS: Rode NTK into Vintech 1272 into UA 1176 into Pro Tools
Guitar: APEX 435 on left and right into DIGI PRE into PRoTools.

Reverb - Lexicon PCM-90

Slight REQ4 on the guitar....
No EQ yet on VOX

this was my first real customer 2 years ago who did the song "So Astride" on my site. Had some fun tonight with just mellow music, but cool vibe and smooth, smooth sound. cannot wait for a second 1176 and the EL-8's....

TITO

Tracked in a bigger room tonight too. Like it alot.....

Enjoy, I will post it later when we redo it...
- Doc

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"