Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-28-2003, 06:32 PM

Default Re: Get anything new lately?

Hi Mr. Howell-

I just got a Sharp VL-Z5U mini DV cam (from girlfriend xmas), a BC Rich Kerry King signature flying V, a Yamaha MG12/4 Mixer, some cheapo Nady PA Mains and Subs (at Musicians Friend blowout price), and I am about to do a computer upgrade so I can start utilizing my video cam. I'm running out of room in my studio! Did you ever buy a bass for (i think you said) your daughter?
Old 12-28-2003, 08:09 PM

Dang Robb...you racked up, didn't you? Sheesh...

Here's the bass I got Anna...it turned out perfect for her...
http://dj3plet.dhs.org/roy/Pics/Anna.../AnnaBass1.jpg

Old 12-28-2003, 09:24 PM

Wife got me a drum set! I gotta get my chops up, but no more fiddling around with drum samples - now its the real thing baby! Thanks babe! I guess now I need to get some more mics and a digimax or octopre - it never ends. Is GC really selling the NTK for $350? I'm gonna check it out tomorrow to see if they are still running that sale.

Cheers!
Old 12-28-2003, 09:45 PM

Location: Holland, MI - Osage Beach, MO - Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

My parents bought a Martin Ukulele for me! (It's the main instrument in my jazz group, and it's one helluva jump up from what I am using now.)

I also applied my programming/calculus/music knowledge to write a few sweet little DirectX EQs as a Christmas present to myself: the Xeet Street Eq (1-band peak), Xeet Street MixEq (2-band high-pass/peak), and Xeet Street QuadEq (4-band peak & high/low shelf). They each have a little bit of saturation built-in. I would love to port them to RTAS, but no response from Digi on the Dev Partnership.

If you want them, just let me know.
Old 12-29-2003, 12:53 AM

I built the family a new Athlon XP1900 PC with a video capture/TV tuner card and DVD burner. The cool thing is the old Asus P2B w/celeron 800/384meg ram is now my new virtual instrument PC. It's got a couple of ISA slots so my trusty MQX32M midi card is now rocking again. My son got a new 80 gig WD for his PC (his old 20gig is now the sample drive for the Asus). I got stuck a couple of weeks ago when I bought a cheap MTD 20gig hard drive for a co-worker and it crapped out, I couldn't find the receipt, so I had to give him my WD 40 gig audio drive from my PT rig just to get him up and running. My mom bought me a new WD 80 gig/8 meg cache for my PT rig (love ya mom). Merry XMas Roy.
Gigabyte RX580 8 Gb
Win 10 Pro

15" Mid-2015 MBP 2.2 GHz i7 16 Gb RAM
512 Gb Flash Drive - OS X 10.14.6
Old 12-29-2003, 05:32 AM

I got myself a 17" flat screen, and I can't believe how I lived without it before. No more "switching the monitor off" before recording guitar parts...
Also received lots of DVD's (The Rutles, Stones Four Licks, Sting's inside Sacred Love, Coupling - the funniest british sitcom, and more). All I need is some time to watch it all !

Old 12-29-2003, 09:58 AM

Sheesh, I developing a case of PC envy after seeing what James and Paul got... And I would love xeetstreet's Martin ukelele too. Martin can make a shoebox with rubber bands across the top sound good...
And why is it that every time we buy something, it requires more equipment/software to 'really do it right'?( ) With this new camera, I've gotta get a DVD burner and another mondo storage drive.
It's true...it never ends.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:07 AM

Roy, I bought the Sony DRU-510 burner awhile back and couldn't be happier. I saw it somewhere recently for $150 (of course after a $50 mail in rebate).

I didn't get any gear for Christmas this year, but my 10 year old daughter got a Yamaha psr keyboard to learn on. She won't stop playing it (I keep telling myself that's a good sign...)

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 12-29-2003, 10:21 AM

Yup, I sure did! My relatives all pitched in and bought me the Digi 002, so now I'm a proud member of the Pro Tools family. . Now I just need to upgrade my mic setup (right now all I have are a handful of cheap mics from Best-Buy and one nice SM57. The noise introduced from those crappy unbalanced mics make my recordings sound awful).

But yeah, it was a good christmas over here.

~ Vertigo ~
Old 12-29-2003, 10:59 AM

I got a Garmin iQue PDA with built in GPS receiver.. so I've been out a lot knowing *exactly* where I am.. er.. no, the 3 songs I have ready for recording havn't even been started.. doh!

-S.
-so many hobbies so little time..

Windows7 64bit, RME UCX, Asus Z97-P, i7-4790K@4.00Ghz, 32GB Ballistix Ram, Console 1, Unity Audio Rocks, RME UCX.