Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2023, 03:28 AM

Default Re: Melodyne Cursor keeps reverting to arrow in ARA

Another consequence of this "continuous arrow" is that it's nigh on impossible to resize the info pane...
Old 05-03-2023, 04:44 AM
Avid

Any time selection made on the timeline is the workaround for this issue. Hope it will help until it will be fixed.
Old 05-03-2023, 05:51 AM

To be honest, I can't remember when Melodyne didn't have this (back to arrow) behaviour.
Been using Melodyne Studio since V1.
It never really bothered me, as I'm flicking between tools constantly with the fingers on my left hand (Z X C V, S, D, F, G, W, E and R&T as Zoom).
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-06-2023, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
To be honest, I can't remember when Melodyne didn't have this (back to arrow) behaviour.
Been using Melodyne Studio since V1.
It never really bothered me, as I'm flicking between tools constantly with the fingers on my left hand (Z X C V, S, D, F, G, W, E and R&T as Zoom).
Plug-in works fine here, no back to arrow here. Only happening with ARA. Biggest pain is when you close the ARA window (because, erm, you actually need to see the edit window to do any work - nice work guys by the way ) and then reopen and you assume you’re on the arrow, because that’s what you can see, but then it starts doing unexpected behaviour because it’s actually set to whatever you had it on last. It’s just annoying. Having the right cursor should be the most basic of basic fundamentals to get right. IMHO.