Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2023, 03:43 AM

Default Committing Melodyne ARA - timing off?

Red waveform - Melodyne running live
Blue waveform - Melodyne "committed"

No tempo changes, no obvious timing edits in Melodyne. Committed clip starts off in sync and goes wildly out by the end.

https://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1681296178

Re-committing the single clip corrects the problem, but this doesn't exactly install confidence in the system. In fact this sort of thing kinda makes me despair. I mean, not as much as impending nuclear annihilation, but it's up there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 11.37.02.jpg (35.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-12-2023, 04:28 AM
Avid

Default Re: Committing Melodyne ARA - timing off?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
Red waveform - Melodyne running live
Blue waveform - Melodyne "committed"

No tempo changes, no obvious timing edits in Melodyne. Committed clip starts off in sync and goes wildly out by the end.

https://duc.avid.com/attachment.php?...1&d=1681296178

Re-committing the single clip corrects the problem, but this doesn't exactly install confidence in the system. In fact this sort of thing kinda makes me despair. I mean, not as much as impending nuclear annihilation, but it's up there.
Please give more details on what kind of "commit" you are using(clip consolidate, clip Melodyne Render, track plug-in remove with Commit option, Track online-offline commit etc.), what track timebase it was (was it changed from opposite after ARA analysis done), what selection (partially/fully selected clip) etc.
Old 04-13-2023, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadym View Post
Please give more details on what kind of "commit" you are using(clip consolidate, clip Melodyne Render, track plug-in remove with Commit option, Track online-offline commit etc.), what track timebase it was (was it changed from opposite after ARA analysis done), what selection (partially/fully selected clip) etc.
Type of commit : batch (committed all tracks in session by selecting all tracks and using alt-"Commit" command)

Track timebase : ticks (no tempo changes on session)

Commit was rendered correctly when I selected the one clip and "commit Edit selection".

It seems to render correctly this morning when I just "commit" the one track. But is incorrect when I render the whole multitrack. I can send you the session and/or a video of the workflow if it helps.

Last edited by midnightrambler; 04-13-2023 at 03:11 AM.
Old 04-13-2023, 04:03 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightrambler View Post
I can send you the session and/or a video of the workflow if it helps.
Please provide both session(with repro) and video if possible. It could really help to investigate.
Old 04-23-2023, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadym View Post
Please provide both session(with repro) and video if possible. It could really help to investigate.
Hi Vadym, sorry for delay, I've tried repro'ing and haven't got it to do it since, I will keep an eye and see if it happens again. Thanks for your swift attention.
Old 06-14-2023, 06:44 PM

I’ve had this issue on several sessions. Rendering the melodyne makes the track go severely out of synch in random spots. Huge problem.
Old 06-15-2023, 04:31 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangepopsongs View Post
I’ve had this issue on several sessions. Rendering the melodyne makes the track go severely out of synch in random spots. Huge problem.
Hi orangepopsongs!

Please give more details on what kind of "render" you are using (clip consolidate, clip Melodyne Render, track plug-in remove with Commit option, Track online-offline commit etc.), what track timebase it was (was it changed from opposite after ARA analysis done), what selection (partially/fully selected clip) etc.
Also, please provide both session(with repro) and video if possible. It could really help to investigate.