Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2023, 02:38 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools 2022.9 "Saving ARA Data"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzi45Z View Post

What I don't get is that after you hit the threshold, any Melodyne edit of any kind is permanently a 3 second pause no matter what. I have gone through and rendered all of the Melodyne edits on the clips and turned off Melodyne everywhere. So at this point, the ARA data should be extremely small and not need a long ARA Save.

However, if I create a tiny clip to perform Melodyne on it and then hit save, it once again, takes 3 seconds to save. This doesn't logically make sense to me? Also...where is the ARA data being saved to that requires such a long pause?
Hi Dizzi45Z!
This is happening because the analyzed clips with lots of ARA data are still in your clip list, so they are being saved every time during the session save action, in case you make even a tiny change in one of the ARA clips on the timeline.

To avoid this, you can either delete the unnecessary ARA clips (show the column with EA badge to see them) from the clip list to stay below the "threshold" line OR increase the time interval between autosaves during active ARA editing, and then put it back to its normal value. Without new ARA edits, this issue won't happen anymore.

Of course, this issue should be resolved, and be assured that this is a top priority for the team. However, the root cause of this issue is not only on the Pro Tools side, so it may take more time than we thought to find a good solution and fix it.
Old 04-12-2023, 04:39 AM

Why does ARA have to save its data in the main thread and interrupt the GUI? Is it in the ARA specs? Pro Tools own autobackups is saving in a background thread? No?
Old 04-12-2023, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadym View Post
Hi Dizzi45Z!
This is happening because the analyzed clips with lots of ARA data are still in your clip list, so they are being saved every time during the session save action, in case you make even a tiny change in one of the ARA clips on the timeline.

To avoid this, you can either delete the unnecessary ARA clips (show the column with EA badge to see them) from the clip list to stay below the "threshold" line OR increase the time interval between autosaves during active ARA editing, and then put it back to its normal value. Without new ARA edits, this issue won't happen anymore.

Of course, this issue should be resolved, and be assured that this is a top priority for the team. However, the root cause of this issue is not only on the Pro Tools side, so it may take more time than we thought to find a good solution and fix it.
Thank you for your response! It's also comforting to know that Avid is planning on smoothing this out further. Thank you!
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 04-25-2023, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadym View Post
Hi Dizzi45Z!

Yes! ... yes! I've been searching for a solution to this for a while. I so much appreciate hearing back from someone who knows what's going on. I searched for EA (Elastic Audio) icons in the column in the clips list. Made sure they weren't being used. Deleted them. And now it's not doing the saving data thing anymore. And I'll keep using the plugin version of Melodyne until a Pro Tools release comes out to address the issue. This works fine for now. Thanks!!!
Old 04-26-2023, 01:36 AM

Hello,
I have many issue with melodyne in protools 2023.3. I’m oan Maac M1 os ventura.

When I consolidate clips, melodyne reappear.
When I want to edit just one clip on the track with melodyne, All the clips runs melodyne….
When I want to change the algorythm in melodyne, it doesn’t work…

Thanks
Old 04-26-2023, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramiafreddie View Post
Hello,
I have many issue with melodyne in protools 2023.3. I’m oan Maac M1 os ventura.

When I consolidate clips, melodyne reappear.
When I want to edit just one clip on the track with melodyne, All the clips runs melodyne….
When I want to change the algorythm in melodyne, it doesn’t work…

Thanks
A few things to try. If you want to run Melodyne one one clip, make sure that the track is sample based. 2023.3 now analyzed all clips on a track if it is Tick Based (which I’m not happy about). Then make sure you select the clip and turn on Melodyne for that clip.

To change the algorithm, make sure you have selected some of the Melodyne blobs and then try to change the algorithm. For me, it was often picking the wrong algorithm and I just mainly want “Melodic”. I realized you can choose what the default algorithm is and that solved the problem for me.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 06-23-2023, 02:59 AM

Same issues here, all the time.
At this point I can't use Melodyne ARA in a production session at all, way too disruptive for the flow of the session.
Let alone in a vocal editing session.

I've been thinking of switching to another DAW and this might finally be the year.
Old 06-23-2023, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andresix View Post
Same issues here, all the time.
At this point I can't use Melodyne ARA in a production session at all, way too disruptive for the flow of the session.
Let alone in a vocal editing session.

I've been thinking of switching to another DAW and this might finally be the year.
Check out my post at the end of this page:
https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=425036
There are also a few good suggestions in the present thread, such as removing redundant ARA clips from your session. I don't do that, though. I only do the above.
Old 06-29-2023, 12:12 PM

If there is ONE thing that needs to be fixed it is the annoying "Saving ARA Data" that is constantly happening. I thought it might be faster in a new computer, but no. I have it on 2 tracks. As useful as it is, it is so annoying it makes me not want to use it at all. Avid, make this happen in the background. Such a workflow stopper. I hate it!
Old 11-13-2023, 11:36 PM

Just wondering, still no fix for this issue? I`m still getting it all the time? does using melodyne the old way fix the problem?
Apple M1 Max
Memory 64GB