Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-24-2008, 07:35 PM

Default Bourne Ultimatum Gets a Sound 2-fer!

Congrats editors and mixers for The Bourne Ultimatum! Great work guys!

Karen Baker Landers, Per Hallberg, Scott Millan, David Parker and Kirk Francis.

Curious. When was the last time a single movie won both awards?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:37 PM

Default Re: Bourne Ultimatum Gets a 2-fer!

Okay, 3-fer! They just won for film editing too. Sweet.
Old 02-24-2008, 09:07 PM

Okay, duh. King Kong, 2006. Master and Commander, 2004. I blanked there for a minute. I know there are many more too.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:52 PM

It was a strong field this year. I was sort of hoping There Will be Blood or No Country for Old Men would get something because I though the took a riskier track and pushed the edge a bit more than the others but... In a truly fair universe there wouldn't be a single winner. Some years there probably wouldn't be any but this year there would have been a bunch.
Titanic got a double.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:17 PM

Quote:
It was a strong field this year. I was sort of hoping There Will be Blood or No Country for Old Men would get something because I though the took a riskier track and pushed the edge a bit more than the others but... In a truly fair universe there wouldn't be a single winner. Some years there probably wouldn't be any but this year there would have been a bunch.
Titanic got a double.
I think that Michael Clayton had a bigger challnge than No Country for Old Men, or There will Be Blood. Considering all the shooting done in New York, and barely any ADR. If you've ever been to Ne York, you'd know how noisy it us there.
The dialog in Micahel Clayton sounded great, i spite of the fact that the shot in NY, and hardly had a ny ADR.

IMDB Credits
Old 02-25-2008, 09:36 AM

Quote:
I think that Michael Clayton had a bigger challnge than No Country for Old Men, or There will Be Blood. Considering all the shooting done in New York, and barely any ADR. If you've ever been to Ne York, you'd know how noisy it us there.
The dialog in Micahel Clayton sounded great, i spite of the fact that the shot in NY, and hardly had a ny ADR.
Good point Mark. It's easy to forget the the hardest part of a good soundtrack sometimes is good sounding dialogue. We figure that ADR will be our saviour too often. The Michael Clayton team did an excellent job of bringing out the original tracks so nothing at all was missed.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Good point Mark. It's easy to forget the the hardest part of a good soundtrack sometimes is good sounding dialogue. We figure that ADR will be our saviour too often. The Michael Clayton team did an excellent job of bringing out the original tracks so nothing at all was missed.
BTW, I think Bourne was equally deserving as well, given the challenges they had, as they were still shooting when finalling.

IMDB Credits
Old 02-25-2008, 02:07 PM

Make that a 5-fer since they won two Golden Reels on Saturday night. Both DX/ADR and FX/FOL!

I was bummed Transformers didn't win, but it was still a fun night.