Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2011, 03:00 AM

Exclamation PT10 users, please check working with playlists!

Hi guys, could someone please check if you also have sluggish response when working with Playlists in PT10?

I have made a similar thread under PT10 section but no-one actually seems to be using the software...

In my case when I open up a Playlist view of a track that has a number of takes/playlist and if I try to edit, solo, select, comp or whatever the response of the software has dropped to 10% of what it used to be. Pushing solo will engage solo after a sec or so. Object grabber does not grab the takes at all, only after several attempts. Sometimes session starts to play only couple of seconds after I push Play...

This slows me down and drives me nuts. Anyone else seeing this or is it limited to my W7 system... ?
Old 11-30-2011, 04:33 AM

Default Re: PT10 users, please check working with playlists!

I didn't notice any slowdown when working with playlists and doing pretty much what you've described with bass and rhythm takes, but I didn't have this thread on my mind either. Definitely nothing noticeable that I can remember.

win7 i5 6GB
Old 11-30-2011, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant B View Post
I didn't notice any slowdown when working with playlists and doing pretty much what you've described with bass and rhythm takes, but I didn't have this thread on my mind either. Definitely nothing noticeable that I can remember.

win7 i5 6GB

Thanks! Are you on mac or PC?

Actually I tried to post this into HD forum instead as there is a similar thread down here somewhere with 0 response, but somehow I posted it wrongly again in here. Please Digitech, delete this.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:52 AM

I see PC, sorry.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:04 PM

YES, having this issue as well. PT10HD, HD3 Accel, Win 7 Pro 64bit

Digital Media Engineer
Discovery Communications
http://corporate.discovery.com/
Old 11-30-2011, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audio_Vision View Post
YES, having this issue as well. PT10HD, HD3 Accel, Win 7 Pro 64bit
Ok cool, then I'm not going crazy.

Avid should get on this fast, as if you have multiple tracks with playlists and you open them all up with playlist view open Pro Tools GUI becomes totally unresponsive, updating only after couple of seconds. And then if you close playlists view all goes back to normal.
Old 12-01-2011, 03:55 AM

Can you test it with other sessions? If this is the case with many session, then you should post a step by step repro so many user can easily test it.
Old 12-04-2011, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
Can you test it with other sessions? If this is the case with many session, then you should post a step by step repro so many user can easily test it.
Opening the session up in the morning with freshly booted computer and with all tracks using Playlist View did not slow down GUI as it did when I had the system up and running for the whole day. So there is something eating up system resources over time it seems. I must mention that rebooting Pro Tools did not help, GUI was still very slow. But only IF playlist view was open... this might give a hint to programmers what's up.

One thing that still is screwed up no matter if freshly booted or not is Object Grabber is not working how it should be.

I think all can test this, just try to switch to Object Grabber and try to select a number of clips in Playlist View. I bet you can't do it, or if you can you must move very slowly.

Also when trying to solo different playlists it takes too much time. No matter if you do it on your keyboard (Shift+S) or on the GUI, hit Solo and it activates after a second or so.

The longer I work on the system the worse it gets.

Tried to disable timeline cache to see if there is a difference but no.