Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2008, 03:35 PM

Default MPTK2 Upgrade: Install looking for data3.cab?

Hi Digidesign/PT Users!

I've upgraded to PT8 and all is good... actually all is excellent. PT8 runs like a dream and I've been spending a few hours playing with the new features.

I also upgraded from Music Production Tool Kit 1 to 2. This is when I hit a problem. When I try to install MPTK2 a prompt comes up that asks me to insert the CD or find the file with 'data3.cab'. When I looked in the install folder there is a data1.cab and a data2.cab, but no data3.cab. I tried downloading it again but there was still no data3.cab file. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks in advance.

Dave
Old 12-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Avid

Default Re: MPTK2 Upgrade: Install looking for data3.cab?

It sounds like you might have a corrupted download. I'm sorry, but you should trash the current installer and download it again.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:47 PM

I will give that a try again. Fingers crossed this works. Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Cheers.

Dave
Old 12-19-2008, 09:06 PM

Okay.

So I downloaded MPTK2 upgrade again. I unzipped the file (and noticed that there isn't a data3.cab file in this download either.) I ran the installer and it said updating from 7.4 to 8.00. It ran and finished. I then ran Pro Tools 8. Up came the authorization prompt as the program was starting up. So, I clicked 'Authorize' and a prompt came up informing my that it couldn't find the license on my iLok. Of course, I have downloaded my licenses and synchronized my iLok. PT8, all the plug ins and MPTK2 licenses are DEFINITELY in there. All of which run fine, EXCEPT MPTK2. It keeps asking me for the license card option or a internet or manual activation - due to the fact it can't seem to find the license on my iLok.

I then exited out of PT8 and reinstalled MPTK2 using the 'repair' option... I checked it to install all of the plug ins and the MPTK adapter (something like that). As it was installing up came the 'looking for data3.cab' error again.

So...

1) My iLok DEFINITELY has all the licences on it (for PT8 and MPTK2)
2) PT8 runs perfectly fine on its own as do all the other plug ins (hence the computer can read my iLok)
3) MPTK2 doesnt seem to be able to read from my iLok
4) MPTK2 seems to want a data3.cab file... none of which exists in the 3 times I have downloaded this program. Is there supposed to be a data3.cab file in this download?
5) I have updated to the latest pace/iLok drivers

Does anyone have any suggestions, advice or similar experiences?

Let me know if anyone has a solution.

Thanks in advance

Dave
Old 12-19-2008, 09:42 PM

A HA!!!

Just checked out something that IS definitely a concern. The MPTK2 installer zip file READS as 3,130,888 KB (3.13 GB)... however when I unzip it the size of the Folder is ONLY 2.38 MB!!!!

It's a bummer too... cos I've downloaded it three times (and yes at 3GBs a pop)... Ah. Probably just TOO MUCH traffic.

I'll wait to download this another time.

Dave
Old 01-23-2009, 07:56 PM

This just happened to me...only my unzipped file IS three gig. But there is no data cab three. It's the second time I've downloaded it. I'll keep trying.

Dr. D, I guess you resolved this...
Old 01-23-2009, 11:30 PM

OK, after three downloads, and multiple unzips, I keep getting the same folder... The unzipped size is 3,224,078,193 bytes, and there is no "Data Cab 3" in the folder (that's the missing file the install asks for.)

So, should the MPTK2 folder contain a "Data Cab 3" folder, or not?
Old 01-26-2009, 09:02 AM
Avid

I don't think the problem is with the download, but rather the authorization.

When you launch Pro Tools, what authorization is it asking for exactly? Please be as specific as possible!
Old 02-25-2011, 08:05 PM

I am trying to install Pro Tools 8 on my Windows 7 system and during the install process get that "please insert disk 0 the file data3.cab"

I have downloaded the installer, twice.

How do I rectify this install issue? Thanks.