Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2023, 08:50 AM

Default [Solved] Pro Tools Intro: Download Error via Avid Link

[Update/Solved] So I am leaving this as a digital "walk of shame" and hope this can help someone with the same challenge. As a last resort I ultimately tried deactivating my anti-virus solution (Avast in this case) and this did the trick. *facepalm*

[Original Message Below]
Hi everyone, I am desperately trying to install Pro Tools Intro for a few hours now and hope someone here may have some pointers.

Here's what happened so far:
  • Downloaded and installed Pro Tools Intro after registering and installing Avid Link/iLok yesterday. This worked perfectly and i could get a quick first look at the program.
  • Unfortunately I decided to reset (clean install) the same Windows 11 device to start from scratch w/ a little more space for Pro Tools Intro today.
  • Downloaded Avid link after reinstalling Windows 11 and loged in w/ my avid credentials
  • No matter what I try, after clicking the install button, I am getting a (German) message that would translate to "Download Error: Download of Pro Tools failed. Download Error"

I already downloaded and tried to find a solution with the help of the iLok license manager, but I am unable to fix it. Any additional advice you may have to offer is highly appreciated. Would really like to try Pro Tools a bit longer than a quick look...

Last edited by mrinne; 08-01-2023 at 09:06 AM.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:26 PM

Default Re: [Solved] Pro Tools Intro: Download Error via Avid Link

For YEARS I've tried to solve this problem. If you have Avast antivirus, then this answer is for you. For whatever reason, you must shut off your Avast antivirus to use Avid Link to download updates. I shut it off for ten minutes. Thank you to the guy that posted this!