Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2014, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Slate VMR releasing on Monday!

Hopefully it will be stand alone. That's what I paid for and that's what I need.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-10-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Hopefully it will be stand alone. That's what I paid for and that's what I need.

Yep me also
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-10-2014, 10:58 AM
Slate Pro Audio & Slate Digital

Hi guys. You'll be able to use the VCC 2.0 exactly as you are now, even though it will technically be a VMR module. Before you freak out, consider this:

1. You will get VCC 2.0 and the rack, and you can set up VCC as the default loaded module. So it will load exactly as VCC loads now.. click VMR, and VCC is on your screen ready to go. There is NO difference to the standalone version.

2. We chose to go this route because the VMR rack was already built with all of our optimizations, grouping, presets, and oversampling built in. If we created VCC 2.0 as a separate plugin that does not work as a module in VMR, you'll not see it till late Q1 2015. It would take a lot more time, and offer ZERO benefit from the VMR version, since again, it can be set to load by default.

3. Regardless of VMR module OR 'standalone', VCC will not be backwards compatible. As I've stated in my emails, the original code is not up to par and in order to improve the code, features, CPU, etc.. a new plugin was mandatory. VCC 1.X will always work in PT 10 and below.

4. You have zero commitment to purchase any additional VMR modules. You can consider VMR with VCC to be your new VCC, and it will function exactly as it does now. Load VMR, it loads VCC, you will group with it right from the front panel, it will have more options, input and output gain, a new console, and be insanely more CPU efficient, even WITH built in oversampling.

So I hope this clears up some concern. My goal is to get this out in December, and we're working hard to achieve this.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-10-2014, 11:10 AM

Good enough-
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.
Old 11-10-2014, 11:13 AM

Good to know. I recently updated from RC-Tube to the full VCC and would really like to use it, since I no longer use PT10, I haven't been able to use the full version yet, but I really liked what RC-Tube could do.

If VMR gets good reviews I'll definitely add that to my "need to purchase" list.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-10-2014, 11:18 AM

The critical issue for me is... Will the insert position clearly say VCC, or will it mention the Rack. I need it to say VCC, or I will not use it.

I don't need a rack that loads only one brand of plug-ins.

So, I'll wait for the stand alone version. Perhaps that's when the promised DSP versions will finally arrive.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 11-10-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
The critical issue for me is... Will the insert position clearly say VCC, or will it mention the Rack. I need it to say VCC, or I will not use it.

I don't need a rack that loads only one brand of plug-ins.

So, I'll wait for the stand alone version. Perhaps that's when the promised DSP versions will finally arrive.
Hey Tom - I don't think Steven is saying that they will create a standalone VCC 2.0; more if they were to!

I can appreciate Steven's assertions on his selected direction and can understand why (sounds more like a pragmatic resource decision in light of past delays and future promises which would delay more VMR modules if VCC and FG-X were still pending) ... but being a bit anti-racks myself FWIW, I don't see it quite so rosy :)

With VCC set as one's default VMR module, aren't we just adding clicks if we want just the new Neve? If this is the way to go, why not for VTM too ... or is that coming soon in VMR format to coexist with the standalone?

I'd just rather get VCC as I purchased it - bit like I only bought VBC only when it was made clear that one could use/display individually-named compressors.

Steven, would you mind clarifying fully for Tom and I - will VCC also be released standalone? Hopefully your popping by was not an Avid-like limited-time engagement and you'll clear up these doubts/loose ends :)

Thanks for your time!
Old 11-10-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Righty27 View Post
Hey Tom - I don't think Steven is saying that they will create a standalone VCC 2.0; more if they were to!

I can appreciate Steven's assertions on his selected direction and can understand why (sounds more like a pragmatic resource decision in light of past delays and future promises which would delay more VMR modules if VCC and FG-X were still pending) ... but being a bit anti-racks myself FWIW, I don't see it quite so rosy :)

With VCC set as one's default VMR module, aren't we just adding clicks if we want just the new Neve? If this is the way to go, why not for VTM too ... or is that coming soon in VMR format to coexist with the standalone?

I'd just rather get VCC as I purchased it - bit like I only bought VBC only when it was made clear that one could use/display individually-named compressors.

Steven, would you mind clarifying fully for Tom and I - will VCC also be released standalone? Hopefully your popping by was not an Avid-like limited-time engagement and you'll clear up these doubts/loose ends :)

Thanks for your time!
My question is this. What is the difference between these two scenarios.

1. VCC is a standalone

You load VCC, and use it.

2. VCC is a module in VMR

You load VMR with VCC as default, and use it. In this case the VCC is not a rack, it's just a plugin as it is now.

I can tell you that on our side, the difference is several months of development and testing.

If you just want to use VCC, then all you would do is associate the "VMR" icon in your Pro Tools inserts as your console emulation. If you choose to buy more modules, then you have the added benefit of having your entire processing chain in one convenient interface. And as many beta guys will tell you, this 'rack' is way more slick than what you've experienced with other brands in the past.

However, if you don't like the rack concept, keep VCC as default module and use other plugins for the rest of your processing and it will be exactly as it is now.

Again, it's no different and I would hope that people could understand this.

Cheers,
Steven
Old 11-10-2014, 12:25 PM

Can You share public beta of FG-X 2.0 and VCC 2.0 for registered users.

We will be happy test them.
Old 11-10-2014, 12:26 PM

We did a public beta with VTM and it was actually a terrible situation which ended up causing a stable version to take much longer to perfect. After this long wait, I'd much prefer to one day send a note saying the plugins are done, stable as hell, and ready for you to make incredible music with.

Cheers,
Steven