Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-28-2007, 09:44 AM

Default Behringer BCF2000 <-> PT, MIDI problems

Hello guys,
A few months ago I had some problems with my FCB2000. I never got it to work the way it should and now, after a few months I got the thing back out of the closet and started off again.
Today I got to the point where I was a few months ago:
almost everything was working, the only thing dat didn't work were the fader/rotary knobs. Moving the fader with my mouse in ProTools did move my fader on the BCF. Vice Versa it didn't, moving the fader on the BCF didn't changed anything (somethimes it did changed a little bit after a while, but not correct) in PT. The mute/solo/etc knobs worked fine!
(see: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/showt...highlight=bcf)

Now I had this working as I had a few months ago, I bought myself a MIDI interface and some MIDI cables. Hooked the BCF up to the interface and the interface to the computer (USB). Put my BCF in S-1 (instead of U-1) and started PT. According to the LED's on the interface the BCF was sending MIDI data when I was moving the fader. However, in PT, nothing happened. But again, the other way around it did work: when moving the fader in PT with my mouse, the fader on the BCF started moving along.
So the BCF was sending MIDI out and recieving MIDI, but for some reason PT does not recieve the data (I think). I have it set up correctly in the peripherals in PT.
Connecting the MIDI out of the BCF to the MIDI in on my DIGI001 and adjusting this in the peripherals doesn't make any difference.

Does anybody know what might be the problem? I'm not a MIDI-expert and got lost again in my Behringer BCF2000...
It really doesn't matter to me whether or not you can help me with the MIDI option, or the USB option. Both are not working correctly and I just want to find a way to make it work.