Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2024, 07:12 PM

Default Retain S1 control with PT in background *SOLVED*

While writing this, I solved my own question. DOH! But will post here for the sake of others.

Is there a way to retain use of the S1 (faders/soft keys) when I have clicked into say, a Finder window and PT is in the background?

Yes. WITH PRO TOOLS OPEN IN THE FOREGROUND, open EuControl Settings/Applications. "Pro Tools23Mac" (or similar) should be listed as Last Focused Application. If not already added to the Application list below that, click the + button to add it. (That was the step I was missing.)

Finally, at the bottom Lock To Application, click the checkbox for Transport (and Monitor & Control Room if desired).

Now, you'll still have S1 control of Pro Tools running in the background - while looking at other items in the foreground.
Old 02-27-2024, 09:33 AM
Avid

Default Re: Retain S1 control with PT in background *SOLVED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuacksMeUp View Post
While writing this, I solved my own question. DOH! But will post here for the sake of others.

Is there a way to retain use of the S1 (faders/soft keys) when I have clicked into say, a Finder window and PT is in the background?

Yes. WITH PRO TOOLS OPEN IN THE FOREGROUND, open EuControl Settings/Applications. "Pro Tools23Mac" (or similar) should be listed as Last Focused Application. If not already added to the Application list below that, click the + button to add it. (That was the step I was missing.)

Finally, at the bottom Lock To Application, click the checkbox for Transport (and Monitor & Control Room if desired).

Now, you'll still have S1 control of Pro Tools running in the background - while looking at other items in the foreground.
Thanks for the info, QuacksMeUp! :)

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com