How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2015, 08:35 AM

Default Logic Pro 10.2 + automation does not work

Hi,
I wonder if anyone else using Logic Pro X 10.2 with Eucon has troubles with using it to trigger Logic's automation (read, write, latch, touch), After upgrading Logic, I find that these soft keys do not work anymore?

Thanks
Old 09-12-2015, 01:32 PM

Default Re: Logic Pro 10.2 + automation does not work

No replies worries me. Seriously, is there any experience with Eucon and Logic 10.2? Are the two compatible or are they not? Surely someone from Avid can answer this? I need to know before buying an S3.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:37 AM

Well, after a lot of digging and the help of Sweetwater's people, this is the status of compatibility with Logic 10.2 and OSX Yosemite:

"Basic functionality is all there with faders, knobs, aux, plug-ins, automation, etc. I talked to a guy who has been testing it and overall it seems to work quite well, it connects right away and functionality has been solid. You can program some of the buttons on the S3 to custom Logic functions in EuCon same as with Pro Tools or other DAWs. The one problem I'm aware of is that if you instantiate a plug-in in Logic using a mouse then it doesn't show up on the S3 at this point, however if you instantiate the plugin from the S3 then it works fine. Also if you work in templates then it's fine but if you instantiate with a mouse then the plugin won't show up until you relaunch Logic. This issue is unique to Logic and we've reached out to Apple but I'm not sure what the timeframe is on resolution. Everything else seems to work quite well. "

Hope this is helpful. I'm afraid I cannot document or identify the source, as it was not provided to me... isn't it a shame though that we have to hulk around all the dark corners of the Internet to get information, when all that Avid would have to do, if they cared, was respond to inquiries in places like this.

-A
Old 09-25-2015, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altie View Post
Well, after a lot of digging and the help of Sweetwater's people, this is the status of compatibility with Logic 10.2 and OSX Yosemite:

"Basic functionality is all there with faders, knobs, aux, plug-ins, automation, etc. I talked to a guy who has been testing it and overall it seems to work quite well, it connects right away and functionality has been solid. You can program some of the buttons on the S3 to custom Logic functions in EuCon same as with Pro Tools or other DAWs. The one problem I'm aware of is that if you instantiate a plug-in in Logic using a mouse then it doesn't show up on the S3 at this point, however if you instantiate the plugin from the S3 then it works fine. Also if you work in templates then it's fine but if you instantiate with a mouse then the plugin won't show up until you relaunch Logic. This issue is unique to Logic and we've reached out to Apple but I'm not sure what the timeframe is on resolution. Everything else seems to work quite well. "

Hope this is helpful. I'm afraid I cannot document or identify the source, as it was not provided to me... isn't it a shame though that we have to hulk around all the dark corners of the Internet to get information, when all that Avid would have to do, if they cared, was respond to inquiries in places like this.

-A
You mean the plugin name is showing blank, but you can still turn it off and on the controller? I hate that! I brought that to their attention months ago, it still hasn't been fixed. Who knows when this bug started, it must have been around for years now..

Come on, fix it already!
Old 11-14-2015, 11:57 PM

Well 3.3.2 didn't correct my automation problem :-(
Old 01-16-2016, 10:35 AM

Bump - Kyle or anyone at Avid, could you please answer this one or am I only one having this problem?
Old 02-10-2016, 10:40 AM

Bump - Kyle or anyone?