Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2010, 05:08 PM

Default PT Aggregate I/O problem for Digi 96 I/O hardware

I just upgraded to PT 9, and was excited to be able to use some extra firewire I/O's that I have...Duet, etc.....only to find out from the tech at my gear supplier that Digi (tech support) told him that the Digi 96 I/O's will NOT work with any other digital devices in the Aggregate mode at this time What?! I would have found out directly from Avid/Digidesign but you can no longer actually call them up, I guess, unless I'm missing something. My store tech apparently can talk to someone at Avid, and that what they told him...Is there anyone else trying to run 96 I/O's with PT 9 in Aggregate with other hardware? And, if there is really no work-around, does anyone know what Digi is going to do about it? And when?
Sorry, but this very disappointing...it's like Santa didn't come down my street or something...
Thanks
Old 12-04-2010, 05:14 PM

Default Re: PT Aggregate I/O problem for Digi 96 I/O hardware

HD does not play well with others, probably never will

"Fly High Freeee click psst tic tic tic click Bird Yeah!" - dave911

Thank you,

Craig
Old 12-04-2010, 06:35 PM

Default Re: PT Aggregate I/O problem for Digi 96 I/O hardware

Generally, people that use either the 96IO or the 192 IO are running HD and have the proper interface cable and cards in their system. I can't think of any good reason to bother with a 96IO on a system without HD cards(other than the obvious, "I have it" scenario). Check the air users blog for a comprehensive list of hardware that works well(and several that do not). The 96IO is not a very "high-grade" unit and there are many that WILL work, and will sound better in the process(the 96IO is on par with the 003).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave