How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 PM

Default EuControl breaks ReWire

Hi guys,

I wanted to report that my upgrade to Logic Pro X has been a nightmare in tracking down the exact culprit of a ReWire issue - found to be EuControl. I've tested the Eucontrol software on multiple computers using version 2.6.2, 2.7.1 and 3.0.

What I've been trying to accomplish is setup a clean installation of Mointain Lion on my MacBook, then install Logic Pro X and finally Reason and for some reason Reason kept failing to ReWire correctly at some point. So I took it through a tedious process of installing one software at a time and testing ReWire functionality after each installation.

As I've said before, I tried this on several Macs and I invite you guys to try the same. Can you run Logic Pro X in ReWire with Reason while having EuControl installed? Please keep in mind that EuControl doesn't have to be running. It simply has to be installed for this combination to fail.

I purchased the Artist Mix and Transport a while ago and I have had nothing but issues with it. Sometimes the Mix would connect to EuControl and Transport won't. It's been quite a ride with Avid products!

The 3.0 software is quite good though when it comes to recognizing the devices. It's faster and more reliable so I'm really excited about it. Now if only Avid can be good enough to release a v3.0.0.0.0.0.0.1 that addresses ReWire. If that happens, I can get back to Mixing jobs without having to click around Logic's interface and finally the dream of the setup I want will be complete
[bleep]
Avid. I hope you're listening coz we need a solution fast! Please test Logic Pro X 10.0.1 and Reason 7.0.1 as those are the latest versions and the ones that I tested with.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:47 AM

Location: Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Observable Universe
Default Re: EuControl breaks ReWire

We've been waiting 2 weeks just to know what's the status on Logic X.

Os 10.8.3 and Logic 9 (not the latest release but one earlier) work well together. Everything after that seems to be a gamble.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:54 AM

2 weeks! Wow!

That takes the 'Pro' right out of Pro Audio for me.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:24 AM

I'm working with Logic Pro X, OS X 10.8.4 and EuCon 2.6.2. It has been trouble free so far.
Old 08-03-2013, 12:51 AM

DAMN !! - I have been through everything for weeks about trying to get rewire to work properly in Protools, Logic and more. I even downloaded Reaper to see if that had any success. I just discovered this post - uninstalled Eucon 3.0, restarted and voila - all my issues disappeared. I gave up on eucon 2.x.x a while ago - never worked fully.

*sigh* two years now with avid paperwights. They look nice but have been so problematic. I pull them out once every couple of months, give them a go and then put them back in their boxes.
Old 08-03-2013, 04:21 AM

I can confirm full functionality with Rewire in all apps after uninstalling Eucon. Protools now works properly with rewire, as does Reason, Logic X, Logic 9, Bidule, Reaper and Live. Once checked, I reinstalled Eucon 3.0 and most rewire stopped working again (except waves rewire).

EDIE - Thanks Bluebeep - I am not sure I would have got to the bottom of the issue without your post. Thumbs up for finding it.

Last edited by Herbieoz; 08-03-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 AM

I'm glad it helped Herbieoz. I feel better knowing I went through the hell and it helped someone other than me! haha

Hope we have a fix for it soon coz the control surfaces look pretty good to my clients when they come to the studio. Except it's sitting on my table turned off.
Old 09-05-2013, 12:38 PM

When I updated Logic Pro X from 10.01 to 10.02 rewire with Ableton Live 9 worked fine while eucon was running. Thinking things were fixed I updated Logic to 10.03 and now it dosen't work with Eucon installed again. Has anybody else had this issue?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:12 AM

Yes. My experience - installing Eucon breaks rewire on Logic, Reaper, Protools, Reason, Live . . and the list goes on. The only rewire that seemed to not be broken was waves rewire but I don't use it and didn't test it. Uninstalling Eucon fixes everything.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:25 AM

Looks like it ain't happening guys.

The new release 3.0.1 doesn't fix anything related to this issue and checking on the update release cycle I don't think we should expect anything for another 3-4 months.

Time to sell this piece of crap.