Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2004, 06:35 PM

Default Need Free Sounds & Code for Sampletank 1.1.9

I guess I am the last human being using PT LE 5.1.1 with Win98SE and an AMIII on a Pentium II. I am very happy with my setup and I can't afford to upgrade PC, OS and PT interface anyway. I bought an issue of a magazine that came with Sampletank Free 1.1.9 on a CD full of software. It seems to have loaded okay, but the IK site will not accept a serial number with "10" in it because that is version 1 and they have completely moved onto version 2. Version 2 only works with Windows XP. IK support has answered me twice; they are clearly not going to help me with an old version of their software, (unlike Digidesign, who DID let me buy 5.1.1 when they were already on version 6.X, thank you very much!)

I don't think I am asking for anything illegal here. I just want to try the free sounds that will work with Sampletank Free version 1 and I assume that the free version 2 sounds will not. Someone out there may have these original free samples just sitting and not being used.

Also, a code or whatever it wants to make the free version work. I DO NOT WANT a crack or WAREZ or anything like that! If I am wrong to ask for this, then someone set me straight and I'll give up and just go back to GM sounds and Acid Loops. Actually, I might consider buying Sampletank 1 LX or whatever it is from someone, but I don't know what IK's policy is about transferring ownership to someone else. If someone from IK reads this, please work with me here!! I don't think I'm asking for the moon.

Digi moderator, whoever you might be, if this is way wrong to be asking, just delete my post and I will understand. I don't want to get in trouble or get anyone else in trouble either.

If I ever actually make money off of my songs instead of just signing single song contracts and watching them languish in Publishing catalogs, I will buy an 002 with all the bells and whistles I can find. Until then, I am depending "on the kindness of strangers."

Thanks,
bilco
Old 11-09-2004, 07:09 PM

Default Re: Need Free Sounds & Code for Sampletank 1.1.9

If I remember correctly that version os SampleTank was not what was expected and dies a pretty quick death.
I think the lack of support from them is based on the fact that they killed that version and created the LE version that functioned correctly.
I am not totally sure but I know there was something funny about the first free version of SampleTank.
Also I thought SampleTank free came in at PT 5.3.1???
Old 11-09-2004, 07:58 PM

Default Re: Need Free Sounds & Code for Sampletank 1.1.9

I have the orginal Sampletank Free, the sounds and an authorization.

Please see my profile and send me an email. We might be able to work something out.