Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2021, 11:19 AM

Default Avid MC editor setting up for ProTools and Mix

Hey everyone - I've been a long time member of the Avid Media Composer forum. Love audio editing, but have done it all in Avid MC, stereo only. Have taken ProTools lessons back in the film school days, and want to start kicking my indie projects out to a 5.1 mix using ProTools.

So with that, I do all of my work on a late model MacBook Pro with external storage, etc. Could I get your recommendations on what hardware is needed to do a 5.1 mix in ProTools?

I'm wiring my office now for the speakers, and just need to know the ideal way to do this on an indie film budget. Not junk - just not a studio setup.

Thanks for any advice!