Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2012, 05:02 AM

Default Re: 10.2 Glide Automation Behaviour

Update: Glide automation is still buggy. The way discribed by CJ is working for me. But the way the manual describes it is only working when automation is SUSPENDED.

So putting your selection tool anywhere in the edit window, change parameter and glide to it only works when the automation is disabled, wich means that PT's before writing the automation actually looks at where the current automation value is.

This seems not right to me...?

Could anyone confirm?

Cheers
Old 01-09-2013, 02:27 PM

I'm having a problem with glide in 10.3.3 on two HD Native Systems.
Let's say I want to glide pan automation, this is what I do:
Make a selection on mono track, first "write to all enabled" pan hard left across the entire clip just to establish a default pan position for the clip. Then with the same selection I move the panner hard right and hit "glide to all enabled." On PT 9 this would work, now it simply writes the "end of clip" value to the entire clip, the same way that "write to all enabled" would behave.
Is this user error? What am I doing wrong?
Brian
Old 01-10-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterboyle View Post
I'm having a problem with glide in 10.3.3 on two HD Native Systems.
Let's say I want to glide pan automation, this is what I do:
Make a selection on mono track, first "write to all enabled" pan hard left across the entire clip just to establish a default pan position for the clip. Then with the same selection I move the panner hard right and hit "glide to all enabled." On PT 9 this would work, now it simply writes the "end of clip" value to the entire clip, the same way that "write to all enabled" would behave.
Is this user error? What am I doing wrong?
Brian
I am not an expert, but I believe, that the problem is the "same" selection", because at the start of the "same" selection there is the parameter "hard right" and at the end of the "same" selection there is also "hard right" - nothing to glide.
As I understand it, if you want to make a glide from left to right, taking place from the start of your desired selection to somewhere withinin :
make a selection more than your desired selection, automate "hard left"
make your desired selection, automate "hard right"
make a selection from just outside your desired selection ("hard left") to somewhere inside your desired selection ("hard right") and glide-to-all-enabled.