Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2011, 06:18 PM

Question Current Axe-Fx user Very curious about the Eleven Rack - couple of quick questions

Hi! I'm a long-time member of The Gear Page and have owned tons of great tube amps (Bogner Ecstasy, Shiva, Fargen Blackbird, Rivera, Peavey, Fender, Budda, etc). Currently, I own an Axe-Fx Standard and an RCF FRFR speaker. While I really love it, I'm always open to try different devices. The Axe-Fx is deep and somewhat complicated to master. The Eleven Rack appeals to me because it seems much simpler to plug in, dial up a good sound, and get playing. I'm all for simplicity.

So here are my Eleven Rack questions:

Let's say I'm playing a live gig. I want to send a output to the fx loop of my tube amp/guitar cab for personal stage sound and I also want to send stereo outs direct to the board. Am I able to turn off the cab/mic modeling for my output to stage sound and, at the same time, send a full amp/cab/mic output signal to the board?

I own the Rocktron Midi Mate and use a Yamaha FC7 expression pedal that plugs into the Midi Mate's exp pedal jack. I use the expression pedal primarily for wah control. Is there a way I can set up the Eleven Rack to Auto-Trigger on/off the wah effect by pressing down on my expression pedal? Or must I dedicate a switch on my Midi Mate to turn the wah on, then use the switch again to turn the wah off?

Last questions: How are most 11R users using for stage monitoring at gigs? tube amp/guitar cab? Rack power amp/guitar cab, Powered FRFR speaker? What are you all using?

Thanks very much for any help and answers you can give.

-Robbie