Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2023, 06:49 AM

Default Re: Plugins compatible with Apple Silicon natively

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Jenssen View Post
My Waves account page says I'm up to date, but no waves showing in PT. Have you tried Waves in PT native beta?

A little off-topic here:
I noticed some time ago that I had two waveshells in the plugins folder, 14.0 and 14.1, the 14.1 with earlier creation date(!). I've just left them there, and waves worked in PT rosetta, so I didn't bother.
Just now I tried one and the other, and it didn't make a difference on PT native, at least.

Attachment 17070
Yes, I'm running tests with Pro Tools M1 Native Beta and Waves indeed showing up. And yes, my plugin folder looks like a mess too with all the waveshells, but since its working, I'm not messing with them. Tech support suggest this:

A complete uninstall-reinstall.
Please follow these steps:
Launch Waves Central and go to the Settings page.
Under Complete Waves Cleanup, click Cleanup.
Waves Central will restart - log back into your account when it's back.
Select all your products and click Install.

Other than that, all I can do is confirm that waves is working in both rosetta and natively. BTW, I'm running Monterey 12.6.3 and dare not upgrade to Ventura until third parties are all up to speed on it. Hope this helps.
Old 02-23-2023, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundswan View Post
Yes, I'm running tests with Pro Tools M1 Native Beta and Waves indeed showing up. And yes, my plugin folder looks like a mess too with all the waveshells, but since its working, I'm not messing with them. Tech support suggest this:

A complete uninstall-reinstall.
Please follow these steps:
Launch Waves Central and go to the Settings page.
Under Complete Waves Cleanup, click Cleanup.
Waves Central will restart - log back into your account when it's back.
Select all your products and click Install.

Other than that, all I can do is confirm that waves is working in both rosetta and natively. BTW, I'm running Monterey 12.6.3 and dare not upgrade to Ventura until third parties are all up to speed on it. Hope this helps.
Thanks for your help.
It turned out that it was the new mac mini hadn't been activated, so I've gone thru deactivation of everything from Apple ID iCloud etc, to plugin alliance - everything I can think of that has a machine authorization method, on the old mac, and managed to activate on the new.

And, you're right, my waves plugins work fine in both rosetta and native modes.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:17 AM

Default Softube has made the list!

I have just been informed that Softube plug-ins are now AAX native Apple Silicon. Woohoo!
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.11 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.2 & Album Assembler 1.3 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.
Old 02-28-2023, 08:20 AM

Default Re: Softube has made the list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeMusic View Post
I have just been informed that Softube plug-ins are now AAX native Apple Silicon. Woohoo!
Which version? Just yesterday I downloaded 2.5.55 and those are AU native but not AAX
Old 02-28-2023, 08:26 AM

^^ forget it. I can confirm Softube v2.5.58 is Apple Silicon native.
Old 02-28-2023, 11:36 AM

McDSP, as well.

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...upport-for-aax

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 02-28-2023, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massivekerry View Post
Yes, but if you're on v 6, it's a paid upgrade.
You need v 7 for ARM AAX.
Old 02-28-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
^^ forget it. I can confirm Softube v2.5.58 is Apple Silicon native.
So happy for Softube to be here. I'll be buying more of their plugins now I know they have this.

For folks checking if their Softube plugins are Apple Silicon native or not you need 2.5.58 (or later). There might be some confusion if you look at earlier versions of Softube plugins with Pete Gates' PTPrefs program, it will show they are also Apple Silicon Native. That's an error caused by packaging weirdness that Softube did where those plugins contained some non-working fragments of native code.

OK now AIR... and after that the only plugin vendor who does not have native support that I used to use is Positive Grid and I'm going to throw all their poorly supported abandonware to the curb. Sorry I ever purchased their stuff.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
OK now AIR... and after that the only plugin vendor who does not have native support that I used to use is Positive Grid and I'm going to throw all their poorly supported abandonware to the curb. Sorry I ever purchased their stuff.
Yep the list of ARM AAX plugins is growing faster than I expected. I'm just about there with the exception of some Plugin-Alliance, Roland Cloud Synths, Sonimus Btrison & Satson, Nugen ISL2, Air MiniGrand, some AudioModern, and the Dolby Atmosphere Render Suite. All of my ARM AAX plugins are working great so far. For many the stability and performance have improved tremendously. I'm must say Pro Tools beta is showing some promise. I working solely in native mode now. Even Softube's GUI issues are gone and they load much quicker than before.
Pro Tools Studio 2024.3 | Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.11 | Dolby Atmos Render 5.2 & Album Assembler 1.3 | RME BabyFace Pro FS | UA Native Plugins & Sphere LX | SSL UC1 | 2023 Mac Studio M2 Max 12 Core CPU 38 Core GPU | MacOs 13.5.0 | Genelec 8020D & Yamaha MSP10 | Korg Kronos LS | Sonarworks Sound ID | Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro | DT 880 PRO | DT 770 Pro | etc.

Last edited by ZoeMusic; 02-28-2023 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-28-2023, 03:14 PM

Antares
Arturia
Boz
Izotope
Kiive
Kush
Plugin Alliance

Dont get me started on the McDSP v6 to 7 upgrade fiasco