How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2010, 01:03 PM

Default Yamaha DTXplorer w/Strike plug-in midi mapping help needed

Hi all!,

This is my first post outside of the guitar forum and I am hoping someone can help me out. The current setup we are working with is a Yamaha DTXplorer drum kit, Strike plug-in and an Axiom 49.

My friend and I are trying to play the DTXplorer while using the sounds from Strike via midi. I found some info on the forum but not enough to get me to where we need to be with this setup. I was able to play with midi channel 2 and 10 in Strike to get some sounds out of it with the kit. Channel 2 netted the most results but a lot of the drums were wrong, for instance when we hit the snare, we got a bass drum sound from Strike. Also, it seemed like we had to really bang on the pads to get the sounds to work at all and at a lower volume then desired...

Unfortunately the Yamaha DTXplorer kit is limited in that we cannot edit the midi messages it sends for each individual drum. From reading around, it also seems like Strike is locked as to which midi messages is accepts for each drum.

My questions are:
Is there any midi mapping what so ever that can help me with this?

Can the Axiom 49 be used in any way to convert the information from the kit to information Strike can understand?

Is there any other software that will convert the information from the kit to information Strike can understand?

Does anyone out there have any other suggestions that may work?

We appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!

Jerry