Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2008, 03:02 PM

Default Re: DV Toolkit/Music Production Toolkit upgrade price question

Hey Lou,

Check this out..it has all the Toolkit bus info. It's from Scott Church's protoolsblog.com

http://www.protoolsblog.com/faq/pro-...8-feature.html
Old 11-05-2008, 06:13 PM

Does anyone know how the upgrade will work for people who buy the music production toolkit now. it says here on the bottom of the page: http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...0&itemid=35670 that if you buy a toolkit now, you will recieve a free upgrade when the new version is released. The issue is that the original MPTK comes with DINR and SoundReplacer and it doesn't say it includes those in the new version. I am wondering if i buy it now, will i recieve the upgrade and get to keep DINR and SoundReplacer? Thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 08:09 AM

Yeah I'd also like to know if I upgrade to Music Prod Toolkit 2 will I lose DiNR and Sound Replacer?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:24 AM

How would you lose them? This is a very strange question to me. You have the iLok assets, and those can't be taken away from you, so you still have them.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:36 AM

Oh you're right, i thought sound replacer and bnr used the same license as the music production toolkit but after checking the ilok I see they are separate.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digidesign View Post
We are well aware of this and are still working on the details, but we will be offering just that, a reasonably priced upgrade to the Complete Production Toolkit for registered owners of both DV Toolkit 2 and Music Production Toolkit.

That particular upgrade is more complicated than the other "1 to 1" toolkit upgrades, so they will be done individually by Customer Service via a form that we will be posting online when the Complete Production Toolkit is released.

We still have some details to work out, but stay tuned and we will post more information as that becomes available.
Well Digi? PT8 is now out. Is there going to be an upgrade offer for those of us who own MPTK and DVTK?
Old 12-17-2008, 01:39 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabinrocks View Post
Well Digi? PT8 is now out. Is there going to be an upgrade offer for those of us who own MPTK and DVTK?
Yes, please see the Upgrading to Pro Tools 8 sticky at the top of this forum.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:49 PM

The Digistore has the best available information on the toolkits themselves...better than the digi website or this forum has. Digitechsuppt can't understand your simple question, which is:

"If we own BOTH the MPTK and the DVTK already, is there a special price for upgrading to the Complete Extortion Toolkit?"

And the answer is almost certainly no, you will have to pay the $695 upgrade from the DV Toolkit.

Unless you call up Digi and try to tug on their heartstrings...
Old 12-17-2008, 01:57 PM
Avid

Hi folks,

Let me clarify that we understand the question, we just don't have an answer for you at this time.

Truth be told this one issue slipped through the cracks during PT 8 preparation. I think it's fair to offer this upgrade to customers who are currently registered for both products.

I'll update this post with finalized info on how we will manage this in the next few days.

My apologies for not having this sorted sooner.

Bob Langlie
VP of Customer Support
Digidesign
Old 12-17-2008, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixaudio View Post
Not fair. Big disappointment.
With these upgrade path prices, ADC and track freeze should be included too.

Ohhhh, I'm starting to get it… by the time we've all upgraded to Complete Production Toolkit, they're gonna release CPTK 2… which will add ADC and track freeze to LE… right?

Offline bounce, track freezing and integrated ADC are all easy things they could add to native PT8 but unfortunately they would make people wonder even more why anyone would ever pay to "upgrade" to the TDM systems, which physically are unable to do offline bounce. You really want offline bounce when implementing freezing otherwise it takes forever for each track to freeze. There is no challenge determining if an offline bounce can be done...you just look for hardware inserts.

In the meantime, there is a workaround plugin available for ADC, that also will compensate for hardware inserts:

http://mellowmuse.com/ATA.html