Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 11:24 AM

Default DIGI 002R on the fritz. Are there things to try...

Before sending it back?

Right in the middle of recording the super #1 smash hit of all time my 002r started doing the clicking and blinking thing and I started getting the firewire -6090 error. I checked all cables to make sure everything was plugged in and I took the firewire drive out of the chain. It ran ok for about an hour until it started doing it again. I turned it all off, restarted the computer and started it all up again. Again, fine for a while then it had the same problems again and more frequently.

So, that said, I'm aware of the power harness issue but I wanted to see if there was some sort of check list to run through to see if the power harness is the issue here of if it could be something else like say firewire drivers or firmware or solar wind or something. As far as I can tell everything is kosher, but I'm just holding on to the tiny sliver of hope that it is something else besides the power harness that I can easily fix and spare myself the hassle of packing it up and shipping it out. I just got it one month ago today and up until yesterday it was working fine. Man, that sucks.

If anybody in Germany who had to send their's back is reading this, how long did it take to get a repair/replacement?
Old 06-15-2004, 03:22 PM

Default Re: DIGI 002R on the fritz. Are there things to try...

Quote:
I just got it one month ago today and up until yesterday it was working fine. Man, that sucks.
If anybody in Germany who had to send their's back is reading this, how long did it take to get a repair/replacement?

What ? I thought only the "older" 002Racks had this problem. I bought mine in Germany a month ago as well.
It's plain unbelievable, Digi still sells hardware knowing it has a problem. Smells like a "Stiftung Warentest" case !
What serial number has your unit ? I feel really insecure about my 002R now...

Gruss Blutus
Old 06-15-2004, 04:44 PM

Quote:

What ? I thought only the "older" 002Racks had this problem. I bought mine in Germany a month ago as well.
It's plain unbelievable, Digi still sells hardware knowing it has a problem. Smells like a "Stiftung Warentest" case !
What serial number has your unit ? I feel really insecure about my 002R now...

Gruss Blutus
Yeah, so habe ich auch gedacht. Sn is UA1925000F. I got mine at Amptown in Hamburg. At least relatively close for dropoff and pickup. I haven't found any info concerning ranges of serial numbers afflicted. Has DIGI made something like that known? Probably not eh?

Did you pay for the extra Moogerfooger plugins bundle thingy?

Old 07-24-2004, 12:41 PM

i have also been getting the 6090 error. everything has been working fine for months, now for the past week or so it's an on/off flickering with the 6090 error. have you had any success with dealing with that problem?
Old 07-24-2004, 09:02 PM

as far as 002 goes the problem with is a wiring harness. Digi will eith fix it for free if you send it to them or they will send you the parts and instructions to do it yourself.
Old 07-24-2004, 10:11 PM

Quote:

Yeah, so habe ich auch gedacht. Sn is UA1925000F. I got mine at Amptown in Hamburg. At least relatively close for dropoff and pickup. I haven't found any info concerning ranges of serial numbers afflicted. Has DIGI made something like that known? Probably not eh?

Did you pay for the extra Moogerfooger plugins bundle thingy?
Hi Skycraft !

Did you bring it back to amptown ? My SN= UA1992900F, so Digi seem to number the units enumerative.
How long did it take them to service your 002r ? Did you got a report on what parts were faulty ?

I only got the 002r with the "standard" live/reason etc. bundle. It's still going strong but who knows....

Thanks for your reply !