Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2012, 07:33 PM

Default Classic Compressors/Purple Audio MC77 Authorization

Installing Protools 10.3.1 and I get the Classic Compressors authorization error with regards to not having a license for Purple Audio MC77.

In the past for every version of PT after v7 i've persisted with pasting in my old v7.4.2 version of this plugin into my plugin directory.

Now with PT 10, there is a AAX version, where clearly, the pasting the old 7.4.2 version in doesn't fix the issue.

Am I to assume the Bombfactory plugins are free now with PT10 as its installing them with the PT installation. If so, why the hell is it requesting an authorization anyway?

Avid can you please update my iLok or something to resolve this?

I purchased the MC77 plugin as part of the HD3 pack back in 2005. There are numerous threads on this topic, and updating my iLok license is clearly the only solution into the future.

fman
Old 10-06-2012, 05:26 AM

Default Re: Classic Compressors/Purple Audio MC77 Authorization

Make a request through your account for the classic compressor bundle.
The MC77 & La2 are not BF-Free/stock plugs.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 PM

Any offers on how to make a request?

All I can see is the option to purchase an ASC. I will not pay $79.95 to talk to someone to update this plugin when clearly it is their fault its not working.

Forum moderator can you help? Please?
Old 10-16-2012, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Any offers on how to make a request?

All I can see is the option to purchase an ASC. I will not pay $79.95 to talk to someone to update this plugin when clearly it is their fault its not working.

Forum moderator can you help? Please?
I installed 10.3.2 today and I ran into the same thing. I also own the MC77 from a plug-in bundle from Digidesign when I purchased my HD system 6 years ago. Ever since it has always been a struggle with every single upgrade to keep the MC77 authorized. errr.... So frustrating. Why can't they just give us a separate MC77 license or something to stop making this so painful.
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 AM

Unhappy Re: Classic Compressors/Purple Audio MC77 Authorization

Quote:
Installing Protools 10.3.1 and I get the Classic Compressors authorization error with regards to not having a license for Purple Audio MC77.

In the past for every version of PT after v7 i've persisted with pasting in my old v7.4.2 version of this plugin into my plugin directory.

Now with PT 10, there is a AAX version, where clearly, the pasting the old 7.4.2 version in doesn't fix the issue.

Am I to assume the Bombfactory plugins are free now with PT10 as its installing them with the PT installation. If so, why the hell is it requesting an authorization anyway?

Avid can you please update my iLok or something to resolve this?

I purchased the MC77 plugin as part of the HD3 pack back in 2005. There are numerous threads on this topic, and updating my iLok license is clearly the only solution into the future.

fman
Did you get this resolved? I've got the same issue. Just upgraded from PT 9 to 10. I've had an installer fix for this that I had to run each time I upgraded a 9.x install. That no longer works and I can't find a v10 equivalent. So Frustrating that this has been going on for this many years.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:18 PM

No, not solved. There doesn't seem to be any solution, other than paying for the privilege to contact Avid support, to ask them to resolve the issue by updating my iLok. I can't believe there's not another way to communicate them other than having to pay for support. Unbelievable.

Hoping in vain that Avid Forum Moderator helps me out here and puts me in touch with someone who can address this. Like any other plug-in manufacturer would.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:26 PM

Thumbs up Re: Classic Compressors/Purple Audio MC77 Authorization

Quote:
No, not solved. There doesn't seem to be any solution, other than paying for the privilege to contact Avid support, to ask them to resolve the issue by updating my iLok. I can't believe there's not another way to communicate them other than having to pay for support. Unbelievable.

Hoping in vain that Avid Forum Moderator helps me out here and puts me in touch with someone who can address this. Like any other plug-in manufacturer would.
I spoke with Avid support (my $1000.00 PT 9 to 10 upgrade gave me access to them).

This is the fix:

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...v742_51171.dmg

Download this installer and your iLok authorizations for the old Classic Compressor Bundle will work with PT 10.3.
Genelec 1031AP/7070A 5.1 monitoring.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by off the wall View Post
I spoke with Avid support (my $1000.00 PT 9 to 10 upgrade gave me access to them).

This is the fix:

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...v742_51171.dmg

Download this installer and your iLok authorizations for the old Classic Compressor Bundle will work with PT 10.3.

Thanks for your help with this. I am aware of that link and its not really a fix. All it does is install the 7.4 version of the Purple Audio Compressor, which i've been doing manually since v8. It doesn't allow us to use the AAX version of the plugin.

While we're on that topic, why in the hell does the stock installation of Protools even install the Purple Audio Compressor, if its not a free plugin???
Old 01-02-2013, 03:09 PM

I just bought a never used authorization HD3 pack bundle the other week and installed it on HD8.....All the plugins loaded fine except the purple compressor plugin your talking about...When I launched Protools it said it couldn't find the authorization and added it to some kind of ignore list so it doesn't display it anymore when I launch Protools....I never did figure out how to get it to work so it's obviously been a problem for awhile now......moon
Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM

I used to install the entire Classic Compressors bundle, then remove the dpms for the plugs I didn't have licenses for.
I have no idea if that still works?