Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2001, 10:34 AM

Default Cannot Hear Midi Playback

When I record a MIDI track it records and I can only hear the sounds when in record mode. Then When I go to play it back I cannot hear anything. I shows the MIDI's Level going up and down with the notes but the Aux input Stereo Fader's level doesn't move. What I have is an Roland XP-30 and I connect it this way, MIDI in connected to OO1 and the 001's out to my XP-30's in. the Aux (stereo) fader in's are 3&4 and the out is Analog 1- S/PDIF L Analog 2. Everythings levels and volumes are turned up also. The weird thing is that it was working the other day now It doesn't go figure

Thanks in advance,

Dawson79
Old 01-07-2001, 07:18 PM

Default Re: Cannot Hear Midi Playback

From what you've described, it sounds like your set-up should work. If it was working, I'm sure you'll be able to trouble shoot it.

The only thing you didn't mention is whether you have a master fader set up. Another simple fix is making sure the volume is up on the keyboard (it happens).

Old 01-07-2001, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Cannot Hear Midi Playback

This is no help, but I have the exact same problem and it's driving me crazy! I'm using a Yamaha DS10 electronic drum kit with the same connections as you. When you record everything is fine, output volume on the drums is up, faders on 001 mixer are up, lots of happy signal on the aux track and midi track, and the midi dots are being plotted. When you play it back, the aux channel is dead and you don't hear anything.