Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Problems with Avid ultra160 and Atto Card

when we first setup our HD system on a PC a few years ago, the drive worked fine. one day it locked up so we sent it back for a replacement. then the replacement acted up, and Digi was kind enough to replace it yet again even outside the warranty. This being the 2nd replacement, things are still funky with the drive, and for a while now i have been using 2 internal scsi drives off of a Adaptec scsi card - no problems there.

just recently i decided to fire up the Avid ultra 160 and start from scratch. i reformatted the drive NTFS as 1 partition. now when my computer starts up, the drive gets on this continuous "chirp" loop for several minutes and then XP eventually appears. while i am sitting here typing this (on another CPU all together via KVM switch) it is chirping at me from time to time as if it is working on something. PT isn't even open on the other CPU. are there any tricks for the drive setup or settings for the ATTO card that are different from what Digi tech support walked me thru? both the drive and the card were fairly pricy just to be sitting here in their current seemingly unusable state. any ideas?

Pro Tools Ultimate, Mac Mini 3.2 i7, Mtrx Studio & Omni, 4x S1’s & Dock w/ iPad Air 2