Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2005, 09:29 AM

Default NUENDO

anybody here ever try or own nuendo before going with PT? TDM or Nuendo.. that is the question. I am moving off of LE and ready for the big time.
Old 03-22-2005, 09:56 AM

Default Re: NUENDO

A question better asked on the Nuendo forum.

www.markhensley.tv
Old 03-22-2005, 12:46 PM

yeah I own Nuendo, and just upgraded to Pro Tools HD2. I really liked Nuendo at the time when it was my weapon of choice. I thought it was the easiest, most intuitive software program out... at least until I got into Pro Tools world. There are a lot of the same feaures with them both, and Nuendo is a good program. I think that most people on here would say to get HD if you want to get in the "big time", but nuendo, with some great converters and a good interface can be great too. It really depends on what you are used to, or what you are going to be doing with it. For me it's not only a matter of sound quality, but it's also about compatibility. There isn't one single studio around me that I work with that uses Nuendo, and most of them use either Digital Performer or Pro Tools. I work mostly as a mixer, and I mix at my home studio, so like I mentioned, for me it was inevitable that I would have to get Pro Tools HD for me to do my work, and to keep up with the other billions of home studio owners around Cleveland. I hope that I was helpful in your decision.

Chris
The Enchanted FOrest Productions
Old 03-22-2005, 02:06 PM

i agree with prisimtheory---i used nuendo2 for a couple of years--then switched to ptle w/ the 002 rack--nuendo was great, but the major drawback was, like prism says, was compatibility--here in atlanta, people would ask what program i mainly used--when i replied i used nuendo, eyes got wide & the majority of them have not even tried it--now when i reply with protools, fellow producers are more than willing to share files and things of that nature---i think if you want to go with the "big time"--stick with digidesign and go wIth the HD (sounds like you already have experience on PTLE anyways)
Old 03-22-2005, 02:37 PM

thanks guys... that's just the feedback I was looking for. I should have detailed my ambitions. I am embarking on the music for film/commercial road. I had heard that cubase rules for midi sequencing and Nuendo(which includes all of cubase SX3 features and more) has the bases covered for film music composition. I am familiar with PT for about a year now... and I do like it. However, when recently trying to score a commercial.. the program just seemed to lack in the bells and whistles like warp to audio/film and sync capabilities. Also, import/export didnt seemed to be a hastle as well. I stood up and noticed when Yamaha took control. I agree Pro Tools HD is the overwhelming standard. However, with Yamaha at the helm and the ability to produce hardware ie. a ICON killer... Nuendo may take a very large portion of the market from Digi. Of course that is hear nor there for me personally. I just want the best..most intuitive program with the least amount of tech issues... which btw: has been tedious with my current 002r 6.7 system. Cost of course is also an issue. I figure a HD system will round the corner at about 25 grand that is with the pro control 24. A nuendo system with a fireface 800 and a control surface like the 24 channel Tascam comes in at around 4-5 grand. Quite a HUGE difference right there to bare in mind. Please Keep the feedback coming... and thanks in advance.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:21 PM

I think that Nuendo would be a good choice for post stuff man. I have an official copy of Nuendo 2.2 for sale with hard copy manuals, and dongle for cheap if you're interested. Let me know.

Chris
[email protected]
Old 03-23-2005, 07:55 AM

For what you are doing, I would go Nuendo.
Keep you're LE stuff though. If you are required to deliver a PT session, you can export the Tracks as continous Broadcast wave files, import them into a PTs ession and give them that.
I know enough Composers who do that.

www.markhensley.tv
Old 03-24-2005, 05:02 AM

what about....

using DV TOOLKit. Would that accomplish the same thing with my existing PT setup as Nuendo? at least in terms of the video aspects....
Old 03-24-2005, 04:32 PM

Quote:
what about....

using DV TOOLKit. Would that accomplish the same thing with my existing PT setup as Nuendo? at least in terms of the video aspects....
No. Nuendo will do surround, as well as have no Track limitations.

www.markhensley.tv
Old 03-24-2005, 07:27 PM

big and bad... thanks.. based upon your credits... I gather you know what your talking about. Since, Nuendo sees my 002r (at least I assume so... since cubase did) then maybe I will use the 002r as a interface and pop for Nuendo. However, I dont see that I will really need Pro Tools for anything.