Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Dev > Pro Tools Scripting SDK Toolkit
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2024, 03:14 AM

Default 2 SDK Questions

Hey so we already got the Scripting SDK working with BaseHead and have a few issues/questions.

1. on macOS when we call either GetSessionName or GetSessionPath Pro Tools jumps to the foreground every time. This doesn't happen on Windows. How can we prevent this behavior on macOS? as we ping PT for this information periodically and not ideal it jumps to the front each time....hehe

2. We are still using the old ancient RegionSpotter and want to replace it with the new SDK but the new Spot() command seems to be missing parameters the ancient one can do like track offset, sending a separate description/clip name and region in/out for handles. Is there another command I am missing to is meant to fully replace the old way?

thx for the help!
Steve T.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: 2 SDK Questions

Hi Steve,

I've passed the request to the team here to investigate the 1st issue from the list. Could you please confirm which Scripting SDK and Pro Tools versions you're using? Which kind of client implementation is being employed?

As for the 2nd one, the Scripting SDK Spot API is just designed to replicate the Spot function in Pro Tools Edit window timeline. It does not replace the legacy RegionSpotter API.
We've been going over this very topic recently and are currently coming up with a plan to add the functionality found in the legacy RegionSpotter.
What we definitely know for now is that we won't likely simply replicate that API but will provide a few smaller API (sort of blocks) to operate and enable users to build the RegionSpotter replacement.
We can't commit to any release or timeframe at the moment, but we will be looking into making it happen by the end of 2024.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2024, 09:55 PM

Hey!

PTSL_SDK_CPP.2023.12.2.0.813759

My coder is on the latest version of Pro Tools and I'm using an older 2023.03 cuz I see maybe deprecated things in the SDK already that I decided to stay on an older version so we have two different test beds.

We both see the same behavior.
I got a direct email about the RegionSpotter so I will answer that in an email. We reverted back to the old code but it's having issues trying to get past macOS permission Hell. It's registering Accessibility to be able to bring PT to foreground Automation permission isn't working at that is what the old RegionSpotter needs to place audio on the timeline so I'm hoping this is coming soon for the new SDK as it seems to cut thru the permissions problem better then the ancient RegionSpotter. ;-)

Steve T.
Old 03-29-2024, 03:56 AM
Avid

Hi Steve, thanks for the update.

For the 'Pro Tools jumping to foreground' issue, could you try to see if the same thing is reproducible if you/your coder use the latest 2024.3 PTSL SDK along with Pro Tools 2024.3? Is the client app built in C++?

Thanks
Old 04-08-2024, 10:51 PM

Dmytro L

That Jump to foreground issue is definitely fixed with the latest SDK.
We just confirmed it. Thx! ;-)
Old 04-09-2024, 01:50 AM
Avid

Hi Steve, sounds great, thanks for confirming!