Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2024, 01:13 AM

Default Random MIDI data

Ever since upgrading my 2013 Mac Pro to a Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB RAM, Sonoma Pro Tools has been randomly spitting out MIDI data upon pressing play or stop. I have a Minimoog Voyager and a Prophet 6 connected to a powered USB hub. At random times after pressing stop, either or both keyboards start receiving MIDI data (random program changes, etc.), crashing both keyboards. This happens when MIDI tracks corresponding to the hardware synths are not muted. It happens whether there is data on the track or not. It happens whether the synth has local control on or off.

Anyone else seeing this?
Old 03-27-2024, 04:57 AM
Avid

Default Re: Random MIDI data

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesMusic View Post
Ever since upgrading my 2013 Mac Pro to a Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB RAM, Sonoma Pro Tools has been randomly spitting out MIDI data upon pressing play or stop. I have a Minimoog Voyager and a Prophet 6 connected to a powered USB hub. At random times after pressing stop, either or both keyboards start receiving MIDI data (random program changes, etc.), crashing both keyboards. This happens when MIDI tracks corresponding to the hardware synths are not muted. It happens whether there is data on the track or not. It happens whether the synth has local control on or off.

Anyone else seeing this?
Hi Miles, this might be connected to the issue on this thread https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=427830

Do you already have a support case on going? Let me know if you need one so we can start one up.

Thank you

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-27-2024, 05:48 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesMusic View Post

Anyone else seeing this?
Hi, I've started a support case for you on this under Case 04778696.

To create a support case with Avid Support, go to https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

www.topedomingo.com
Old 03-29-2024, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tope d View Post
Hi, I've started a support case for you on this under Case 04778696.
Thanks. It's hard to replicate, but I have found that it does not happen if I use Logic Pro.