Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2002, 08:25 AM

Default Edit Pack? Likes/dislikes?

Thinking of including one in a film-dubbing room setup. I am primarily interested in the joysticks, with the meters being a bonus. Perhaps the keyboard would really replace the main keyboard? Thoughts? I have heard in the iforum that the trackball is not to be counted on. Bummer. Any fix for this, Stan?

Seems like a ton of cash for a couple of USB joysticks. How important is it to have them move? I don't think they move on a neve. What about galley's axis panner?

Thanks

www.tompaul.com
Old 02-21-2002, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Edit Pack? Likes/dislikes?

Tomcat, we have an edit pack and love it. The great things are the meters and the keyboard feels great. Don't like the trackball, and if it does get used and needs cleanung you have to take the whole thing apart. The joy sticks are fantatic to have and really makes mixing in surround easier. IMHO worth the money just for those things.
Old 02-21-2002, 08:51 PM

Default Re: Edit Pack? Likes/dislikes?

I love mine. . . . I've got two of them. The keyboard is very nice (in spite of the lack of 10 keypad). Yes, unfortunately, the trackball is useless, but I simply removed mine and ran a USB cable through the whole for my Turbo Moues pros.

Many usefull buttons were added, and the meters are great. They aren't labels in any way, but I ended up printing a transparency to go over the meters. FYI, the LEDs and the Edit Pack are 1dB per LED down to -20, then 3dB per LED down to -33, then 5 dB per LED. I just ran Signal Gen to find out when each LED came on. There don't seem to be any complicated ballistics.

I use the Joysticks all the time, and making them motorized makes the automation much more usefull. I only wish the had added a "write to all enabled parameters" button. But I guess that is what the extra 6 buttons on the TurboMouse pro are for.

The Edit Pack is a little expensive, but I think it is worth is just to get a keyboard out of the way.

Brian