Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2001, 03:20 PM

Default Digi001 Factory?

Are registered 001 users going to be able to buy the extra bundled plugins at a good price.
Cheers
Tim [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2001, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Digi001 Factory?

No, although that would be nice. I'd buy some of these plug-ins myself to add to my Digi 001 if that were the case. This is a new and separate bundle, with special licensing agreements with the third party companies involved.
Old 11-09-2001, 05:49 AM

So basically what Digi is trying to say to us is that you can now buy a 001 system with all these hi end plug ins for the same price as the old OO1???????

If so this absolutely sucks big time and seriously present 001 owners should be allowed to at the very least cheaply buy into this offer also.

Otherwise to be brutally honest I could only say 2 things-

a). Digi are ripping off present, faithful 001 users whome have good intentions to continue supporting their products.

b). They must be getting scared of all the competition from the likes of MOTU (828 with Performer/Audiodesk), Steinberg (Nuendo with 1/O hardware) and Emagic (Logic Audio 5- due soon).

Digi Id have no probs in even spending a couple of hundred (Australian!) in the plug ins upgrade- surely you aren't going to snub your long term faithful 001 users are you?????????????

I certainly hope not because if you do this might give me a damm good reason to actually invest in that 828/Performer system Ive been having my eye on over the last couple of months and justifying to myself why I shouldn't make the switch!!!!!!!

Digi Im sure a lot of other faithful 001 users would feel the same!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2001, 06:39 AM

plus you can run more than 1 828, 2408, or whatever. sounds like a TDM system at a fraction of the price. too bad the software sux.
Old 11-09-2001, 07:00 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Slovenec:
So basically what Digi is trying to say to us is that you can now buy a 001 system with all these hi end plug ins for the same price as the old OO1???????

If so this absolutely sucks big time and seriously present 001 owners should be allowed to at the very least cheaply buy into this offer also.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

mate, you're not serious, are you? in the real world, there isn't a manufacturer of ANYTHING that doesn't start discounting and/or sweetening the deal towards the end of a product's run. you could have waited until you "got" you're price (i did. i finally picked up a digi toolbox xp for $200/us. i know you're in oz; i do feel for you, mate. i lived there for 8 years, & when you pay double, whether it's us or aus, it still feels like double.). but you didn't. you bought it at the going rate when you needed it. period. end of story. quit crying over spilt milk. besides, digi haven't lowered the price of the 001, the 3rd party manufacturers have decided to chuck in their plugins at a bargain price. as stoopit and futile as it would be, get mad at them for not forking over product cheaply to you, after you've already made your purchase, not digi. your "beef" is really making you look petty.

ml
Old 11-09-2001, 08:19 AM

LAWRENCE: i think ur busting his balls to hard and being an ahole. everyone would like the option of getting that deal also even if they already have an 001. i know id like to have it.. im not crying though just wishing. dont tell me if they did offer this bundle of plugs u wouldnt go out and get it..i hate when ppl on here act like whatever digi offers there fine with. well im not im always gonna want more. will i get it probably not but if the demand is not there then the supply will never be there either..
Old 11-09-2001, 08:39 AM
Avid

Hi everyone,

It looks like there might be a bit of confusion regarding the price of the Digi001 Factory Bundle. It retails for $1,345 US Dollars. The standard Digi001 package will continue to be available at the current US retail price of $995.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2001, 08:58 AM

With the exception of the Bomb Factory plugs, it's a lame deal anyway. As far as the Waves part of the deal is concerned they are only offering the bundle-padding crap. The useful Waves plugs: L1, L2, C4, Ren Comp & EQ, are, of course, nowhere in sight. It's a dumbed-down piece of marketing fluff to keep all the 001 users from feeling left out by digi's TDM-centric efforts. Also, maybe it'll help buy some time to figure out how to keep their next native offering's specs competitive, but still crippled compared to TDM. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2001, 09:30 AM

three issues,

1. Code is "free" (as far as manufacturing goes)
2. Upgrades = $ (in 6 month when something new is out and you want all these bundled plugs to still work.)
3. "bundling" has turned into "clearing out old stock so new SKU's can be shipped".

Imagine a world where manufacturers communicate differently " heres our new bundle to clear stockl before the new ones, which will cost more, come out. Get em while there hot!" you never know, it might work!

My 2 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I wonder these days if TDM is becomming the 2nd fiddle to Digi001? as far as market share, and potential future profits. So the whole TDM rules thing, I think is a bit misslead. Which makes there "putting off" the 001 users rather foolish. Digi will wise up some time and realize that if they simply focus on software, allowing branded partners to produce hardware and proccesing cards, they stand to reap many rewards, and hold the helm as the market shifts. But then again, they seem to be a bit like zombies.
Old 11-09-2001, 09:33 AM

Well, I didn't hear any Mac G4/466 owners (like me) complain when Apple made the old top of the range (the 733) into the bottom of the range at the same price as the old 466 was. Burned me up that my 4-month old machine was now a doorstop. But I figured, hey, it's computers, (to quote Jackie Soprano) waddya gonna do?

We sometimes forget how cheap gear's become. When I started in this industry, NOBODY could afford to have the type of performance PT will give you in their home. 24 tracks from a package no bigger than a washing-powder box? And instead of costing the same as a 4-bedroom house, it's only the same as a 10-year-old car? Total pipe dream!

I'm not condoning sharp practices by any manufacturer, but as long as prices keep tumbling, the consumer's the winner. Just remember that there IS no right time to buy to avoid being out of date and get on with making music [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]