How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2015, 09:52 AM

Default Going from one studio to the next

Protools 10, Mac MountainLion.

I have tracked an entire music project at another studio, that had different plugins outboard setup etc.

I have configured one session from that week to match my studio setup ( so I can edit and mix).

1. Can I create some template of my setup that I can import onto the existing other sessions so I don't have to spend 3 hours on each song setting it up so it works at my studio the way I want it to.

2. Assuming the above is possible, If one song that I have created my studio template has 45 tracks, but others have 60 tracks, will those tracks become disabled if I impose my setup on them.

Cheerio!
Old 06-16-2015, 03:21 PM

Default Re: Going from one studio to the next

Quote:
Originally Posted by uestvega View Post
Protools 10, Mac MountainLion.

I have tracked an entire music project at another studio, that had different plugins outboard setup etc.

I have configured one session from that week to match my studio setup ( so I can edit and mix).

1. Can I create some template of my setup that I can import onto the existing other sessions so I don't have to spend 3 hours on each song setting it up so it works at my studio the way I want it to.

2. Assuming the above is possible, If one song that I have created my studio template has 45 tracks, but others have 60 tracks, will those tracks become disabled if I impose my setup on them.

Cheerio!
Hi, Of course - templates are a great time saver but they don't really work the way you're thinking. You can create a template with the audio files included, but since you're working with different songs I'm assuming that's not what you want. You don't really apply a template to a session, though you can certainly import them. I think templates are generally used as a starting point for a session - that is you create the session from a template with all your routing set up, then you import the audio. There's many ways you could go about it. If you want a session template with blank audio tracks with plugins, send, etc., then what I would suggest is to create the template with no audio files, but with your aux & master tracks and routing, and blank(empty) audio tracks with the routing, plugins and sends in place (you could use a copy one of your existing sessions and simply remove the audio files). Then duplicate those tracks to fit the number and type of audio files you need in any given session. Then you can drag and drop the audio files onto those tracks and customize the session to your liking.

Pro Tools 2024.3
Focusrite LS56
Focusrite Pro40 (2)
TC Electronic Studio Konnekt 48
Avid Artist Mix/Control
Slate Digital VRS8
Analogue Tonebuss 24 Channel
UAD-2 OCTO Core Accelerator
UAD Volt 2
macOS 10.15.7
32 GB DDR4 RAM
4.01GHz Quad-Core Intel Core I7