Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 05:05 AM

Default What to do or how to...

I have the original MBox and recently purchased PT7. I'm considering buying MBox2 and selling the old one to a student. Should I give him the software that comes with the new hardware or can I tranfer him the other (old one)?

Thanks for any help,

Franky
Old 11-16-2005, 08:58 AM

Default Re: What to do or how to...

You'll want to give him the version that you're already using. Digi has a transfer of registration/ownership form that you fill out and send in - this will allow the new owner to be registered to the old gear, and then he'll be able to get any future updates etc.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:11 AM

Thanks... The hardware is not the main concern, but the software. Wouldn't be the same if I give him the ona that comes with the new hardware? Instead of uninstall the one I have. I know I'm going to have a different installing code and so on.

Thanks again
Old 11-16-2005, 10:26 AM

Go througfh the transfer of ownership through Digi. It is painless and it will make sure both you and the buyer are covered in the case of warrantees and upgrades.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:39 AM

I was talking about the software. As the previous poster mentioned, do the transfer of ownership, it's very easy. If the Mbox v1 is dropped somewhere down the line and you're still using that registration code for your Mbox2, you won't be eligible to get any upgrades. Keep the software/hardware matched together, it saves a lot of potential headaches. The info you need is at the bottom of this page.