Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2007, 12:27 PM

Default I can\'t get my PURCHASED mp3 encoder to work

I have an Mbox2 with Pro Tools LE 7.0 running on Windows XP. My mp3 demo expired recently so I purchased the MP3 encoder and got the authorization code. When I clicked authorize and put in the code it said it didn't work. So I went to the website and did all the suggested tips such as taking the MP3Demo.dll out of the codec/mp3 folder and still nothing. Everytime I go to "Bounce to Disk" it pops up with the MP3 Demo box and saying it's expired. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do? Thanks!

Eric
Old 03-21-2007, 02:50 AM

Default Re: I can\'t get my PURCHASED mp3 encoder to work

Quote:
I have an Mbox2 with Pro Tools LE 7.0 running on Windows XP. My mp3 demo expired recently so I purchased the MP3 encoder and got the authorization code. When I clicked authorize and put in the code it said it didn't work. So I went to the website and did all the suggested tips such as taking the MP3Demo.dll out of the codec/mp3 folder and still nothing. Everytime I go to "Bounce to Disk" it pops up with the MP3 Demo box and saying it's expired. Does anyone know what I'm supposed to do? Thanks!

Eric
Hi,

use your CD installer or web installer and under install option you can install the MP3 update?

Just a few things! you only get one attempt at entering the code before you have to re-boot PT to attempt again!! so check you are entering the code right!!

let us know

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-21-2007, 01:11 PM

Try adding a space at the end... sometimes that helps.
So, you would type the sn 123456XXXXXX then the space bar.
Old 03-22-2007, 08:03 AM

I have the same problem on my system, mix plus, g4 tdm, pt 5.1. Posted to duc tdm a couple minutes ago. have done the same as you. I don't even get to the auth code screen. only "your trial period has expired, please purchase option from digi" which I have. reinstalled 5.1, still doesn't work. same screen. any suggestions?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:59 PM

Recieved the message from Digi right away! Thanks digi. You can check out thier response if you go to tdm user group on the duc. My header is MP3 option, posted today. there is alot of info to go over but I am sure you can find the solution there
Old 03-25-2007, 06:20 PM

it's still not working. i really don't understand why, i've literally tried everything. i don't know how to update the codec or whatever. i take everything out, run the installation again with the mp3 codec option checked (and i have to check the protools stuff even though i was told not to, simply because if i uncheck it, my computer uninstalls it. it's a nightmare. is there anywhere i can take my computer where they can do it for me?