Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2001, 06:49 PM

Default protools TDM and 2408 pci324 card?

is it possible to run a windows NT (XP hopefully soon) system with TDM cards and a motu pci324 card installed in the same computer? i would like to run multiple app's in the same machine. thanks in advance. Dino
Old 10-10-2001, 06:32 PM

Default Re: protools TDM and 2408 pci324 card?

two days and no one at digidesign will answer this question. i guess i'll wait until i buy protools TDM and then see if it works. boy...this ain't the tascam forum.
Old 10-11-2001, 10:21 AM

Replies from people here at Digi on the DUC are a courtesy, not an obligation. I don't mean to sound rude, but I just wanted to make it clear that the DUC is for our users to communicate to each other, not for tech support. Anyway, to answer your question to the best of my ability, I don't see any reason why the 2408 would conflict with your MIX cards. You can have other audio cards on your system along side them.
--------------------
We're only immortal for a limited time
Old 10-11-2001, 02:27 PM

David, i very much appreciate your reply and i'm happy to know that i can use my pci324 and motu 2408 along with the mix cards in the same machine. my future purchasing is more clear.
as for replies from digi people as being a "courtesy" not an obligation, sounds like digi gets to pick and chose which questions to answer. now if that question has been asked before and can be found by searching and reading the forums, i'm all for it. unfortunately after searching myself for a pc and 2408 and tdm protools, no answer was found. so i think a little obligated courtesy is called for. just my opinion..
Old 10-11-2001, 02:59 PM

As a user, and not employee of Digidesign, I will clarify (and defend) Mr. Sumich's response to you by saying that if you want an answer from tech or pre-sales support, either after or in addition to a duc posting, you should email them directly at the separate sites for that, rather than expecting them to follow the literally thousands of threads on the duc. I assume that when a tech support person gets involved on the duc, it is because he/she has done so on their own time or of their own interest. I also guess that Digi monitors this forum only for appropriateness (no nasty language, unrelated topics, etc.).
Old 10-11-2001, 04:37 PM

Steve is pretty much dead on. We check out the DUC more as knowledgeable users than as representatives of Digi. I am an engineer here, and I like to give my perspective of things when I can to people who aren't so close to the action here. I do chose which posts I'd like to answer, because I am doing this on my own time. I do appreciate your understanding.

[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
--------------------
Old 10-12-2001, 05:30 PM

David, to put some closure to this topic, i was under the impression that there were paid employees of digidesign helping to answer questions on this forum. i will in the future direct my questions to digidesign support directly. hope all is well and am looking forward to adding protools to my facility. thanks Dino. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2001, 09:12 AM

Well, to not act like a know it all, I won't say there isn't, but I know that there isn't from the engineer's group. There are a couple of us engineers that monitor the boards and try to answer questions that other DUC members won't likely know the answer to. That is where I try to help out. If I see a topic that I think others on the DUC can answer, I usually stay away from it. When I see question like "Hey Digi, what..." that's when I see if I can step in. Sorry if I sounded pompous in my reply.
--------------------