Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2011, 06:38 AM

Default Coomand 8 Offline

I'm running Pro Tools M Powered 8 on a Dell w/Window 7 Professional. I've installed the driver. I get a message on the Commnad 8 (offline). The transport and volume faders work. Nothing else will work. Help!
Old 12-06-2011, 09:29 AM

Have you tries re-associating it in the peripherals > midi controllers drop downs?

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Coomand 8 Offline

I'm having the same problem here. I've been using Protools for years with no problems and I know how to configure it. I just moved to a new computer and installed and updated Pro Tools 9 on that. The Command 8 communicates with Pro Tools one way. I can see what I'm doing on the Command 8 on the computer. It just doesn't communicate back and the Command 8 display says that it is offline. Peripherals are set properly The output is set to the Command 8 emulated port. Data is getting to the PC from the Command 8. It's just not getting back from the PC to the Command 8. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times now. I've tried moving it to different USB ports. Nothing works so far.

As I do searches for this problem, I see many posts regarding this on various forums and web pages. These go through several versions of Pro Tools and seem to affect Mac and PC users equally (I'm on a PC). This is very frustrating.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:23 AM

Smile Re: Coomand 8 Offline

Ok, I got it working courtesy of a different post on this forum. I needed to start Pro Tools as an administrator. You know, I kind of remember going through this a few years ago when I first put Pro Tools on my other computer. Hopefully I'll remember the next time I upgrade my PC (which will be in five years or so. I just got an i7).
Old 12-07-2011, 07:54 AM

Default Re: Coomand 8 Offline

Here's the better answer:

Right click on the Pro Tools program start icon and check the tab that says "start program as an administrator".

That way it will be fixed from that point on.